turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3.5" Fed HW 7 30yds 870 SM

Started by Birdyblaster, March 22, 2015, 01:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdyblaster

I posted a couple patterns the other day looking for opinions and decided to go with the Fed HW 7's this year.  I did a little zero adjusting and came up with this pattern at 30.  I brought the red dot down a couple clicks and I think I should be good.  I'll try to get a 50 yard pattern in the next week or so just to see what it looks like.  I can't wait to see how these shells perform in the woods because I've heard great things happen when you get them to pattern!

Dr Juice

Wow. That's a killing machine. Is your POA at the center of the circle? If so, that's perfect. Good luck.

Birdyblaster

POI was center of the head.  I moved it down a little so should be right on now.  Forgot to mention I'm shooting a Trulock HW 7 choke and this shot was through a slightly dirty barrel.

Fullfan

Lookin good, the HW #7 are bad news for the gobblers..
Don't gobble at me...

surehuntsalot

turkeys better be hiding, good looking pattern    good luck with it
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

captin_hook

Jbird22

Phire Phite

BINK McCARTY

You WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED !!!!! At 50 yds i was blowing THRU 5/8" particle board...ive noticed theres not a trk load of them at /past 40 but they stick close and my Lawd do they hit hard!!!! My buddy shot an old stop sign at 40 yds with #5s and cut thru it like a torch ....good luck!!!!

Birdyblaster

I killed the first bird I've taken with this load last Tuesday and it was the hardest hit turkey I've ever seen. The shot was only 23 yards so not much of a test but the bird looked like it was hit by a truck and didn't even twitch after hitting the ground. There was blood and feathers sprayed on the ground and trees for 20 feet past the bird. 

BINK McCARTY

:newmascot:Please do post what your 40 and even 50 yds (ifn u decide to shoot that far) patterns

Tracker760

Quote from: BINK McCARTY on April 12, 2015, 09:01:14 AM
:newmascot:Please do post what your 40 and even 50 yds (ifn u decide to shoot that far)

Birdyblaster

I shot 1 at 40 and 1 at 50 with 175 and 96 respectively. Temp was right around 50 degrees.