turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Versamax 3 1/2" Longberard magnum #5's

Started by dms2511, March 30, 2015, 09:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dms2511

I shot this target at 40 yards with a Trulock .660 (non-ported) with my Versamax turkey model before heading off to Florida on an Osceola hunt. Very impressed with both the target and field results. I counted 251 in the 10" circle. No complaints from the Osceola on the slower 1050 muzzle velocity.

Chilly

Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

peak98

Great pattern! How do you like the VersaMax? Any dislikes?
peak98
Your weapon sits on top of you shoulders, everything else is just equipment.

Birdyblaster

Wow!  I'd never buy another HTL shell again if I got lead 5 patterns like that!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Ihuntoldschool

Nice pattern.  Wow!  You mean the slower pellets didn't bounce off the turkeys head?   Imagine that???   I am shocked here!  Amazing results to be sure!  And the bird didn't even complain because your pellet hit him at a slightly lower velocity ??

Dr Juice

Awesome - I would convert back to lead if my SX2 patterned like that!

captin_hook

dms2511

I have definitely become a fan of the Versamax. I have both an SBE II and the Versamax , and  found that they are incredibly similar. The recoil on the Versamax is more manageable, and the only thing I'm not a fan of is the wider foregrip that seems to be a tad loose. Overall, very impressed with the performance after some experimentation with different load and choke combos.

forcercon1

The forearm was loose on my Versa Max as well. I called Remington and they mailed me the updated parts and it fixed the problem. Maybe try that... Safe hunting!

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Gobble!

251 with lead #5s. Never thought I'd see that.

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

highball

albrubacker

:OGturkeyhead: You got a great pattern! Hope FL was good a trip for you!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott