Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Remington 870 SuperMag,Longbeard 3 1/2"#6,Carlson .660 Longbeard Choke,40 yards

Started by wytrat785, March 29, 2015, 01:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wytrat785

40 yards lasered, Carlson .660 Longbeard choke with Remington SuperMag with 23" barrel and Bushnell XLT shotgun scope. Load is 3 1/2" Longbeard XR 2oz. #6 shot. Conditions were sunny with wind 5 to 10 mph at my back. I counted twice and got 232 pellets in the 10" ring on the first count and 236 pellets with the second count. By the way, I didn't change out the background paper on this shot. I also shot some LB 3 1/2" #5s today. I'll post that one up later. This is a brand new setup for me to hunt with this year and so far quite pleased. Choices I made on this setup are from gleaming this great message board for the info. Thanks!  :OGturkeyhead:..hehe better wear some armor thunder chickens!

Hooksnhorns

Yelp, that's TIGHT. You're right, they better wear some armor, but, you better hold it on him too.
Don't Tread On Me

wytrat785

Same day and setup but with Longbeard XRs #5 shot. 185 was the pellet count in the 10" ring. Still really tight pattern and has me thinking trying a little bigger choke in .665 area maybe.

wytrat785

Quote from: Phire Phite on March 29, 2015, 08:10:20 AM
Das gonna be tight at 15-20

Yeah totally agree. First year I'll be hunting using a scope instead of open sights. I knew my setup would shoot tighter than my old Mossberg 5500 MKII and went with the scope to help me bear down and focus better for tighter patterns but these are a little tighter than expected.

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

the Ward