OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

VORTEX SPARC II

Started by GLOCKMASTER, March 28, 2015, 08:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GLOCKMASTER

I was looking around for a red dot for my new turkey project gun.  I have been an Aimpoint fan for many years and this was job related. So I was wanting an Aimpoint Micro however, the wallet was saying "NO" and so the search began.  I finally settled on the Vortex SPARC II. I purchased one off of Amazon then once it arrived I mounted it and I immediately knew I made the right decision.  After using it on my new gun I purchased another one for an older turkey gun of mine.  I now have one on a 12 and 20 gauge and I thoroughly enjoy using it.  When properly using the optic the dot is very clear, crisp and very fast to acquire.  The workmanship seems to be there however, only time will tell.  Next week will be their first hunts when I head down to Georgia for a few days.

CrustyRusty

I like your setup, what is it?  Have you patterned it yet and what where they like?

stinkpickle

I've considered trying one of those on my backup gun.

frubois

Glockmaster, how is that vortex working out? What is up with the wiring on the sides, don't you feel like they could possibly get hung up on branches or get caught on something?

stinkpickle

Well, I finally installed a SPARC II on my Mossy 500 backup gun.  It appears to be a very nice unit.

gatrapper

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

stinkpickle

Quote from: gatrapper on May 18, 2017, 02:35:47 PM
Updates?

Mine worked OK.  I used it on three birds in 2016. 

howl

They look to have improved them some since this was posted a couple of years ago.

stinkpickle

Quote from: howl on June 13, 2017, 10:19:27 AM
They look to have improved them some since this was posted a couple of years ago.
What changes did they make?  The ones on Vortex's site appears to be the same.

howl

better glass, tougher rubber

243kid

I think l would have been happier with the Sparc ll than l am with the Burris FFIII