OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Mailman was good to me today

Started by drum817, March 24, 2011, 01:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum817

The Mailman was VERY good to me today.  This little jewel showed up in the mail and MAN-O-MAN does it sound good.  The Box is Butternut and the lid & base are Kwila wood.  I've had my eye on SS Custom Calls "Field Grade" Box for a few weeks now.  This thing is ALL turkey and like all the SS Calls it's VERY easy to run.  I REALLY like the design as well....it has a VERY Classic "vibe" about it....16 days till we open in NC & this call is going to the woods  :boon:

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

slwayne

Congrats on a great looking call.  Ordered a Cherry over Limba from SS this morning.  Spent a half hour on the phone with Al talking turkey, family and calls.  What a great guy.  Felt bad taking so much of his time when I know he must be busy as all get out right now but I had the feeling he would have taken as much time for me as I needed.  Can't wait to get my hands on that call!

drum817

Quote from: slwayne on March 24, 2011, 03:12:56 PM
Congrats on a great looking call.  Ordered a Cherry over Limba from SS this morning.  Spent a half hour on the phone with Al talking turkey, family and calls.  What a great guy.  Felt bad taking so much of his time when I know he must be busy as all get out right now but I had the feeling he would have taken as much time for me as I needed.  Can't wait to get my hands on that call!

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: A half hour is a SHORT conversation with Al.   He really is a super guy and He will ALWAYS bend over backward to help His customers.  PLEASE be sure to post some pictures of your call when you get it.  Cherry over Limba is a GREAT combo  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Trophy_Taker

paboxcall

Awesome box drum. 

These two guys build a super call for sure.

:groupwave:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

yelpy

Al and Josh make a great pair in the call making. You can't go wrong with there calls. I would order any of there calls and have confidence in it to call up some longbeards..

That's a good combo you got there.. Congrat's on another fine tool for the turkey woods.  :icon_thumright:

bowhunter84