OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Gun Show deals  (Read 1916 times)

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Gun Show deals
« on: March 28, 2015, 01:38:40 PM »
Went over to a small gun show this a.m. at one of our local clubs. Found a couple boxes of old 4x6 duplex Rem 2.25 oz 10 gauge! Can't wait to pattern them if we ever get some decent weather! Also picked up a brand new in the package steel shot H&R marked choke. I have no idea on the constriction yet. They also had a factory H&R turkey choke, also no idea on the constriction but I didn't buy it as I already got enough turkey chokes for the 10! Has anyone shot these shells and if so how did they do?

Offline 10gaugemag

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Gun Show deals
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 09:40:40 PM »
I shot a box of the Duplexes when I got my 10 bore over 20 years ago, awesome shooting loads as all of the Remington's have always been in my BPS, #4, #6 or those Duplex loads, love those old camo hulls. At the time I was running a factory full and any of those loads shot better than any other gun/load/choke I had at the time. Turkey killers for sure. Bet they would be pretty good in a .690-.695 choke.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 11:09:44 PM »
Thanks for the info! Yes these are the camo hull ones, copper plated 4x6 2.25 oz. I remember using some of the 12 gauge duplex loads way back in the day but I don't remember how they shot. Pretty excited to try these out!

Offline 10gaugemag

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 08:57:35 AM »
Bet they shoot as good as any lead loads you have shot. I have had good luck with Remington turkey loads in all of my guns. I know it goes against the grain but just my experience with them.

Offline nickp

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 03:19:35 PM »
Those shells were mean back in the day.