OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: recoil pads  (Read 3795 times)

Offline uk fowler

recoil pads
« on: March 24, 2011, 01:17:27 PM »
looking for a after market pad for a gold ten looks like Il have to get it from the states  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an any pointers gents

Offline paladin

Re: recoil pads
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 07:40:36 PM »
I like the Limbsaver brand.
See if they make a "precision fit" for your model.
"have gun-will travel"

Offline eight bore

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 09:57:34 PM »
Limbsaver is very good, also Kick EEZ sells a low drag profile that works well. And the very effective slip on Shooters friend.

http://www.kickeezproducts.com/pre-fit-recoil-pads.php

http://allaboutshooting.com/product_info.php?products_id=59&osCsid=4996d8e5152228b22bd385a4e704a95b
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan

Offline gobbler74

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Warbird Turkey Calls
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 06:02:14 PM »
Kickeez grind to fit with chamfered heel
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 07:41:01 PM »
I called Kickeez yesterday, spoke to a real nice lady and she researched the correct pad for Browning Gold 10. I have one on the way. I dont remember what model # it was.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 03:19:52 PM »
Got my Kickeez pad for my Browning Gold 10 gauge in the mail today(Monday). I ordered it on Friday, at 4pm. The lady said she was fixing to put it in the mail and I thought "yeah right". But she did what she said, now that is customer service.

Offline Hognutz

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Life Member N.R.A. Global Flatulator
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 05:00:10 PM »
Does it fit?
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Offline uk fowler

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 05:48:30 PM »
and how well does it work

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 06:19:20 PM »
Matches at the comb and on the sides perfectly. Just a little long on the heel (about an 8th of an inch). I am gonna grind it down with a dremel tonite.
I was initially expecting this gun to kick like a beast even before the pad was installed but that was not the case, more like "push". It does not hurt any worse than my encore.
Installing the pad definitley helped with the recoil that was there. I have limbsavers on all my other guns, but they will soon be replaced with Kickeez. They appear to be made of a super rubber and are softer than the limbsaver. 
I am not disappointed at all in this pad. Try one and feel the difference, I know y'all will like them.

Good Luck and God Bless
         Ray

Offline uk fowler

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 06:31:53 PM »
could you post the order no of the pad you have :thanks:

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 08:49:54 PM »
KZ 115 I was a little longer than an 1/8th at heel. I put the pad on the stock and tightened it down. Then I used a razor knife and traced (etched) the bottom of the pad. Then I took the pad off and took a piece of chalk and rubbed it over the etching (where it will show up. The I ground off the part that was too long with a bench grinder. I am not kidding this took maybe 4 or 5 minutes including putting the pad back on. Looks great and you can hardly tell that I had to grind it. This is very simple.

Good luck and God bless

RAY

Offline gobbler74

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Warbird Turkey Calls
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 09:09:29 AM »
The kickeez are gravy to grind for those wondering..bolt the oversized on..trace stock around and if you have access to a belt sander they are very easy to form..awesome recoil pad...pricey but quality..
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"