OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ft Stewart

Started by Brantley, March 26, 2015, 10:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brantley

Went out the last three days and didn't hear any on the limb. Around 0800 today I got one gobbling to a glass pot and mouth call, but he hung up and eventually crossed into an adjacent training area. Gonna head out Saturday morning and try a little different set-up. Hope to be closer to his location when he flies down. That is the only bird I've heard in the last three days.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep... just like my grandfather. Not screaming, like the people in his car.

Vaturkeyhntr

Me and a buddy are heading down there on the 3rd and hunting til the 7th....this will be our second year hunting Stewart.  Hopefully by then they will be acting right.

Vaturkeyhntr

what have the roads been like down there??  i heard they are bad in some places.  Is there a lot of training going on or does the base seem pretty open?

Brantley

The roads were pretty bad in the F areas and some of the E areas. Our brigade was training up there and the roads saw a lot if military traffic. Not sure when, but they should be regrading them soon. Those F/E are the only ones is be concerned about right now as far as driving. Water is up too so there is a bunch of standing water. I looked up the area status sheets for the upcoming week and there are a lot of open areas. Again, our whole brigade was training out there so most of the F and E were closed. They're opening back up though..
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep... just like my grandfather. Not screaming, like the people in his car.

Vaturkeyhntr

Sounds good, like I said this is only our second year hunting Stewart, and I believe last year we hunted the Charlie areas

Vaturkeyhntr

We are getting into town friday evening to hunt some private land in Hinesville and then possibly hunt Ft. Stewart some.  Just wondering how the birds are acting?