turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Spring Creek

Started by tippatah, March 26, 2015, 08:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippatah

Just wanted to give a big thank you to Spring Creek calls. Ordered the black walnut with maple sides. It came in a few days and sounds amazing(better than any box call I've used). I am super pumped to give it a shot in the woods tomorrow morning. Definately buying another one very soon, probably end up trying them all out, haha. What is everyone's favorite Box call combo from Spring Creek?

wisconsinteacher

I have a longbox and love it.  I think it is butternut with a paduak lid.  It is a great call.

coyote1

I haven't tried all the wood combos. I have yellow heart/black walnut, cherry/poplar short boxes and a red cedar/sassafras long box. They all sound great. I would say my favorite is the cherry/poplar.

Smooth_Operator

While I don't own any of Mike's boxes, I do have a few of his scratchers and they are the best sounding calls I've got, and I've got a few...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

JLCustomTurkeyCalls

I gotta get me a Spring Creek
www.jlcustomturkeycalls.com

JLCustomTurkeyCalls.com
Made in USA  Veteran Owned

mgm1955

I've got several different combos of Mike's boxes, both long and short. They are all fantastic calls and I wouldn't know which to say is my favorite.

JLCustomTurkeyCalls

Mgm,  im looking to add a longbox to the arsenal.  do you recommend any in particular from Spring Creek?
www.jlcustomturkeycalls.com

JLCustomTurkeyCalls.com
Made in USA  Veteran Owned

Spitten and drummen

just ordered a cedar with purple heart lid. hope it sounds as good as yall say.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

ThunderChickenGetter

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 27, 2015, 04:15:18 PM
just ordered a cedar with purple heart lid. hope it sounds as good as yall say.
I got my cedar and purple heart last week and it's killer! I love it. Don't think you can beat spring creek for the price.

bbcoach

I've bought two of Mike's short boxes and they're all turkey.  I gifted one of those to a dear friend.  He loves it and carries it with him everyday of the season.  By the way, I called Mike last week and ordered a black walnut over cedar that was shipped yesterday.  All Turkey, Quality and at a Reasonable Price! 

zelmo1

I can't say enough about Mike, I have a long and short box( same mentioned in 1st 2 posts) and 2 scratchers that are all in my vest or pouch now. Great calls, great guy and a great price and service. Score every time. Thanks again Mike.

Spring Creek Calls

I am so thankful and appreciative of your kind comments. It truly warms my heart to know y'all are out there hunting with my calls. Good luck to all and be safe!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

ThunderChickenGetter

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on March 28, 2015, 11:36:56 AM
I am so thankful and appreciative of your kind comments. It truly warms my heart to know y'all are out there hunting with my calls. Good luck to all and be safe!
You make an awesome call Mike! I will definitely be doing business with you in the future.

HFultzjr

Just bought my first one from them.
Black walnut paddle over an eastern red cedar long box.
Seems like a great guy to buy from.
Can't wait!

mgm1955

Quote from: JLCustomTurkeyCalls on March 27, 2015, 08:22:54 AM
Mgm,  im looking to add a longbox to the arsenal.  do you recommend any in particular from Spring Creek?
I'd pm Mike and ask him if he could give you a call and play you some. Everybody's ear is different and I think you'll enjoy listening to the different combos and be able to make a choice. I really don't have one I wouldn't be happy with in the woods. Between the sound and the price I think you'll be satisfied for sure. Let us know what you decide.