OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey thug or similar chair?

Started by Dtrkyman, March 26, 2015, 08:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncturkey

You do need some what level ground with the Turkey Thug Chair. But the leg supports swivel some and that help when the ground is not perfectly level. It would not work on real steep ground. I love mine.

jepcho

I have the cabelas gobbler lounger and I love it! Really comfortable and never really had trouble with different terrain. I don't go turkey hunting without it!

RutnNStrutn

Gobbler Lounger for $20 is the ticket!! :icon_thumright:
I've had one for years, and last year got a Turkey Thug chair to leave up at camp. With the carrying strap, it's no problem to throw it over your shoulder and cruise. Quick and easy set up too.

gergg

I have my lounger set up with shoulder straps and a center chest buckle so it is very easy to carry and remove. I often walk over 4 miles on my public land hunts with the lounger and gun strapped over my shoulders, I can unload both and get set up in less than a minute and do it quietly. I also hunt the mountains and except for the really steep terrain it works great and is very comfy, never leave without it.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

sasquatch1

Anyone try the hammock seat by deadringer?

MACHINIST

I deer hunt with the fanatic outdoors hammock seat,for deer hunting I doubt I will ever use another seat unless I am in a stand.This seat is flat out the most comfortable seat I have ever hunted out of(my turkey lounger is a close second though).The hammock gets a good nod because its compact,light easy to set up and relatively silent,the only downside I see is the need of a tree with no limbs to get in your way.Other than that no need to look any farther for a awesome seat

www.fanaticoutdoors.com

gergg

Quote from: MACHINIST on March 28, 2015, 02:57:18 PM
I deer hunt with the fanatic outdoors hammock seat,for deer hunting I doubt I will ever use another seat unless I am in a stand.This seat is flat out the most comfortable seat I have ever hunted out of(my turkey lounger is a close second though).The hammock gets a good nod because its compact,light easy to set up and relatively silent,the only downside I see is the need of a tree with no limbs to get in your way.Other than that no need to look any farther for a awesome seat

www.fanaticoutdoors.com

I had one of these a few years ago, I sold it, I find the loungers more to my liking.

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls

MACHINIST

I think the loungers are great also.Only thing I don't like about them is its very hard to turn if they come in on your side and they are a tough bulky and heavier that the hammock.Now with that being said,the last 3 or so years I have been using my lounger.I will try the hammock and see if its better this year though

VA_Birdhunter

I like my lounger and have used it for quite a few years now....just hate carrying it in the woods!  But every time I leave it in the truck I regret it!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

gergg

Quote from: MACHINIST on March 28, 2015, 07:54:40 PM
I think the loungers are great also.Only thing I don't like about them is its very hard to turn if they come in on your side and they are a tough bulky and heavier that the hammock.Now with that being said,the last 3 or so years I have been using my lounger.I will try the hammock and see if its better this year though
This is very true, my son and I were just talking about this, I used a cushion for 30 years and it was easy to just rotate either direction, can't do that in a lounger. I just missed a bird this week that came in on my right side and I couldn't easily get around on him being a right handed shooter, definitely would have killed that bird with a cushion, but dang that lounger is comfy. I didn't like the hammock at all.

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls

Dtrkyman

Hammock looks interesting, does the support pole not split your bottom?

Chris O

I can sit for a few hours no problem in this. Works on small and large trees and only 1 strap to mess with and weighs only 4 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

I use the browning chair and love it, how much is that Millennium

Chris O

Quote from: 3bailey3 on November 16, 2018, 08:05:00 PM
I use the browning chair and love it, how much is that Millennium
Around 80$ I use a Browning Gobbler chair also and really like it as well.Millineum does set you up higher but very comfy and simple. I bought it for deer hunting at first but used it for turkey this fall some and it is nice to see over brush sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCL

I purchased a Hawk Sitting chair a couple of years ago and it is super comfortable the only downside it is on the heavier side. I was going to get a second chair for my daughter last year, before I completely lost mine to her. I called the company and he told me he had lost his supplier for the frame and was not sure when or if they would find another.