OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Is there a literal hell?

Started by lightsoutcalls, March 24, 2011, 10:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Here is an article that was on my Yahoo home page this AM:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110324/ap_on_re/us_rel_hell__no

My answer to the question posed is YES!  On one hand I am sickened by the watering down of the message of the Bible that folks like this present.  On the other hand, the Bible itself warns that this kind of stuff would happen.  The read will make you examine where you stand.  Stand firm in the TRUTH rather than follow what is more comfortable or better fits your lifestyle or preferences. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Duke0002

Thanks for the post, Wendell.   The Bible clearly teaches a literal hell.  If there is no hell, then it wouldn't have been necessary for Jesus to suffer and die in our stead to rescue us from hell!   

By denying a literal hell,  it always follows that there is a necessary perversion of the Gospel (the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ).   Denying a literal hell creates a corresponding denial of the full work of atonement by Jesus Christ.   In this scheme, humanity is left with nothing but the damning works of self-made "righteousness."

mmims

I watched the Youtude clip. His premise is based on logic. That is problem one. His "question behind the question" is where he totally misses the boat. Jesus doesn't save us from a mean God, he saves us from ourselves. I agree with him that Love Wins, he is just simply overthinking and totally discounting "JUSTIFICATION"! I would give my right arm to get him in a room just the two of us and a Bible and share. The Holy Spirit cannot be silenced! Yes Love Wins, But it had a cost, and it had a purpose!

Mike