Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Team Full Strut Entry Stories

Started by theghost_03, March 24, 2015, 08:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theghost_03

This is where you guys can tell about your success and close calls or whatever comes up during our season this year!  Good luck guys!
"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

gobblinfever

i was in alabama last week. i had a gobbler come in at 35 yards but was behind a tree and couldnt get a shot. he seen my jake decoy and spooked! so close!
Nothing better than turkey huntin

nativeks

Got one a few minutes ago. One of the coolest hunts I've ever had. More to come

nativeks

I had a goal of taking a bird off of mine own place. We acquired the original 24 acres them bought 9.5 more that adjoins it. I had a close call earlier with what I believe was the same bird. I have been working 60 and 72 hr weeks since February so time was limited. Folks took the kids to church today so I figured I'd go hunt for 90 minutes. There were a pair of birds in the hay field to my south so I made a loop and set up close to the corner of my place. I heard a gobble while maneuvering so I was excited. Winds 20 to 30 mph usually don't lend themselves to great hunting. Stuck out the decoys and let out some yelps. Immediate answer. Wait a couple minutes and call again. It's a gobble and getting closer. Few minutes later 3 gobblers show. Instead of walking through the hole in the fence they duck under the wire. Lead bird struts in and I lay the hammer down at 8 yards. 12 minutes have passed since my first call. Now it gets interesting. Bird 3 commences to kicking the crap out of the flopping Tom. He then turns on my Dakota Jake while bird #2 gobbles his brains out. First bird off my own land will forever be ingrained in my memory.

Bird scored 55.05
I'll get pictures in the thread and get the score posted hopefully tonight. Home internet is down currently.