turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 3/24/2011

Started by Roostem33, March 23, 2011, 11:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

This was Shared with me from an e-mail i got, so I thought I would pass it on.

And I saw that all labor and all achievement spring from man's envy of his neighbor. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. Ecclesiastes 4:4

Green is a pretty cool thing to be these days. "Going green" means that you are conscious about the environment and that you've made some eco-friendly modifications to your life. You may drive a hybrid car, use special light bulbs or use recycled products. However, green isn't always such a positive thing. We relate that color with being nauseated—even worse—being filled with envy.

The word that is used in the Bible for envy translates literally to, "having an evil eye." Envy is evil. It demands us to be sad at someone else's success and a fan of their failures. God calls us to be thankful for the success of others.But when we allow envy to come into our lives, we flash those green phantom fangs of envy to those around us.

Envy causes us to forget the blessings that God has given us because we are too focused on the blessings of others. Don't let those fangs of envy ruin what God has done in your life. Take some time out today and remember the blessings that God has given to you.

Have a great and blessed week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

mmims

lightsoutcalls

It's easy to get caught up in admiring "stuff".  I wouldn't wish my experience on anyone, but sometimes God smacks you between the eyes and helps you to recognize that all of the "stuff" just doesn't mean beans in the big picture of life. 

Thanks for the reminder.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Duke0002

Thanks, Jody.  We need to examine ourselves closely for any forms of envy.

BOFF

Thanks Jody for the Word, and reminder!!

God Bless,
David B.

turkey slayer