OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: SBE II + Sumtoy .650 + Hevi #7s = Nice!  (Read 24515 times)

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
Re: SBE II + Sumtoy .650 + Hevi #7s = Nice!
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2016, 01:20:55 AM »
Not sure how to interpret some comments on here but.....you have one of the BEST,MOST UNIFORM patterns by ANY standards....be it bone stock,custom handloads,or ANY other combos....PERIOD. CONGRATS!!!!!

Offline Cut N Run

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • North Carolina
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2016, 07:50:58 AM »
Thanks for the kind words.  That Benelli patterns very well with a few different makes of choke, but the Speed Bead is what really helps me hold the center of the pattern in place.  It really likes 3 inch #6 & #7 Hevi shot too.  Just a lucky combination, I guess?  I have absolutely crushed every turkey I shot at with this gun since I added the Burris sight and switched to Hevi shot.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline sasquatch1

• The Boss Gobbler
SBE II + Sumtoy .650 + Hevi #7s = Nice!
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2017, 04:46:02 PM »
When you originally put that sumtoy 650 in did you notice the POI high?? I have the Vinci, and it always shot PO with other chokes down to 665 but when I went to his 650 my POI was prob 6-8" high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cut N Run

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • North Carolina
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2017, 10:03:01 AM »
When you originally put that sumtoy 650 in did you notice the POI high?? I have the Vinci, and it always shot PO with other chokes down to 665 but when I went to his 650 my POI was prob 6-8" high

Sorry, I didn't see this post until today.  The POI with the .650 Sumtoy is high and pretty far right of POA.  Without the Fast Fire red dot, I probably wouldn't cut a feather with it @ 40 yards.   It is too far off to use without some kind of sight.  Once dialed in, it is deadly though.

Jim

Offline ManfromGreenSwamp

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2019, 10:45:18 PM »
I got the chance to go to the range today and burn some powder.  This was my best pattern  @ 40 yards with Hevi #7s through a Sumtoy .650 choke in a SBE II.  Other patterns were as good, but not centered until I got the Speed Bead dialed in.

This had 338 pellets in the 10" circle, 209 between the 10" and 20" circle, for a total of 547 inside of 20". I'll take it.

Hurry up and get here turkey season.

Jim

Cut,
Have you played with magblends out of your gun much?
What kind of numbers were you getting, if so?
Thanks, !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“First one to the carcass gets the most”
-T.Farley

“I’m livin ta rest, I was born tired”
-B.Button

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2019, 03:58:13 PM »

My son has a SBE 2 and a .650 Suntoy. Shooting dove shells and TSS9 it shoots about 4 inches higher than it should.

Offline Cut N Run

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • North Carolina
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2020, 06:48:59 PM »
I got the chance to go to the range today and burn some powder.  This was my best pattern  @ 40 yards with Hevi #7s through a Sumtoy .650 choke in a SBE II.  Other patterns were as good, but not centered until I got the Speed Bead dialed in.

This had 338 pellets in the 10" circle, 209 between the 10" and 20" circle, for a total of 547 inside of 20". I'll take it.

Jim

Cut,
Thanks, !

I have tried multiple MagBlend/ choke combinations and for whatever reason, the don't shoot worth a flip out of that gun.  Remington ammo does the same thing.  Patterns blow up and have big holes in them.  I can feed a straight 6s or 7s Hevi right behind the MagBlends and they pattern like a champ.  Go figure!?!

Jim

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2020, 09:28:45 PM »

Jim

Cut,
Thanks, !

I have tried multiple MagBlend/ choke combinations and for whatever reason, the don't shoot worth a flip out of that gun.  Remington ammo does the same thing.  Patterns blow up and have big holes in them.  I can feed a straight 6s or 7s Hevi right behind the MagBlends and they pattern like a champ.  Go figure!?!

Jim
Thanks for the reply, Jim.
I bought(last season) a IC black diamond and several more boxes mag blend 3.5”, put it all on top of the safe due to season being over..haven’t touched it. Gonna get out in the yard this weekend and blast some at 40 and compare it to the hevi choke I shot with the 7s. I LOVE the 7s but wanna see what they can do with the bigger pellets. I’ve had the same results with the 2 different hevi chokes and the Carlson XR choke I patterned with MB originally, lots of holes in my patterns, looking back on them.

-T.Farley

-B.Button

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2020, 09:30:08 PM »
Maybe I should order some straight 5s and 6s

-T.Farley

-B.Button

Offline 243kid

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2020, 09:38:02 AM »
I have a Jebs .650 but l will give those shells a try!

Offline Cut N Run

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • North Carolina
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2020, 09:48:29 PM »
I gave a Jebs .650 to a young man I'm mentoring for his SBE II and it performs very well with the Hevi 6s & 7s too.   It turned his turkey gun int an absolute slayer.  Jebs makes a fine choke that really likes the Hevi shot.

Jim

Offline gesthuntn

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2020, 07:40:42 PM »
That is a awesome pattern. If I was you I would buy as much of them shells as I could afford. You will be good for years.

Offline Cut N Run

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • North Carolina
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2020, 07:23:57 PM »
That is a awesome pattern. If I was you I would buy as much of them shells as I could afford. You will be good for years.

I did.  I've got WAY more Hevi 6's & 7's than I could use in two lifetimes of turkey hunting.  I always carry some extra rounds in case Russian paratroopers ever start dropping out of the sky when I'm turkey hunting...you just never know. It is better to have than to want.

Jim