Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Close but no cigar in GA

Started by Turkeykiller12, March 23, 2015, 03:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeykiller12

Hunted Saturday morning and this morning with my 7 year old. Got on a good group of gobbling birds Saturday morning but they shut up as soon as they hit the ground. Couldn't get any play that day. Fast forward to today we went to the woods about 9:30 am. We eased along a fire break stopping and calling every little bit. We struck 2 birds on a ridge about 100 yds from us. We setup as good as we could but couldn't seal the deal. Those birds were going crazy but wouldn't budge. It was very thick between us and the birds and we were sitting in what decent cover we could find on a clear cut hoping that birds would step out on a fire break. Just didn't work out today. School and work calls the rest of the week but we'll get back after them soon. Hope everyone is having good luck.

dirt road ninja

Much of the same for me. Good luck to you.

trkehunr93

Good luck.  Slowly starting to gobble in my part of VA.  Looking forward to April 11th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Stay on them!  Bet it is a blast hunting with your boy!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Dr Juice

That's hunting. You can do the exact same things the next day and they could make a b-line to you. Good luck. I'm jealous, my opener in NY is May 1st.

Bustabeak

I've tried it all week. Ever since saturday I can't get them to work. Got on one this evening and he gobbled 4 times then went the other way.