OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Which Gibson?  (Read 2861 times)

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
Which Gibson?
« on: February 18, 2015, 10:20:21 AM »
After noticing there are 30 topics on page 1 about these Gibson crow calls I have decided I need to give one a try. For those of you who have the standard and long range versions which do you like more? Will be using it just for locating turkeys.
Appreciate it.

Offline drum817

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • North Carolina
Re: Which Gibson?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 06:04:02 PM »
Your best bet is to call Daryl and tell him you want a call tuned specifically for turkey hunting
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Offline gobbler777

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 09:14:08 PM »
I've been selling Darrel's crow calls for about 10 years at CrowMart. The difference between the two is the diameter of the barrel opening; the "Long Range" being larger. You will be happy with either one. I mostly sell the walnuts but I carry and can get them in most any wood... many which I have and in a number of barrel styles ie. spalted buckeye bowling pin, spalted buckeye long range, Holly standard, spalted maple, classic oak figured, stabilized maple bowling pin and many others. .

One of the models I sell the most to turkey hunters are the Bocote Screamers lined with bamboo. I have 3 in stock at this moment. They look great and will definitly make a tom gobble.

Feel free to call me at CrowMart (410-742-1445) re. Darrel's calls and the woods/barrel styles, prices I have in stock right now. I can text pics of particular calls if you are interested.

Doug at CrowMart

For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 11:40:53 PM »
Your best bet is to call Daryl and tell him you want a call tuned specifically for turkey hunting

Any chance you have his contact info you could PM me?

Offline drum817

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 12:11:28 AM »
Pm sent
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Offline pappy

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • 2014 Midwest Best of Class Air operated tube calls
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 10:52:06 PM »
Darrell's number is 828-287-9277 he would love to talk crow with you, he is a true gentleman and one of the most knowledgeable people I know on crows.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 10:33:41 PM »
Talked to him last week and got one of his new calls Tuesday. Sweet call.