North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

How's everybody doing?

Started by dirt road ninja, January 23, 2015, 10:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

Great to see kids in the woods!

Bustabeak

I know I'm a little late, but I've been doing pretty well! I got married in September of 2014 (which is one reason why I didn't contribute a bird to the team last year). I think I finally found one that will put up with my hunting addictions. Partly because she has no clue what she's got herself into. Hunting is all new to her. She's never hunted and noone in her family does. So, she's still getting acquainted to all of this. I managed to kill a buck this past deer season. He's not a giant, but it's the first buck I've shot in about 5 years. Had a pretty decent duck season as well. Killed my first pair of redheads so I'm pretty pumped about that! Glad to hear from everyone. I see a lot of post about kids, I don't have any yet, but I've been practicing a little since I got married! ;) haha!!!

dirt road ninja

Turkeykiller12

Looks like you've been having fun Bustabeak.

C J Stahly

ladies and gentleman; boys and girls........

I am here!! 

It has been super super busy and frankly there just aren't enough hours in the day to get done what I need to get done.  With that said....I am doing some training in NJ, so I get a little break from the daily grind; although, sometimes I wish I was at work with my nose to the grind stone. 

I am not sure if I posted at the conclusion of last season I was uprooted from SC and have since moved to MO.  I have not had any time to scout this spring because of other things.  With that said, I am going to be scouting upon my return to MO in a couple of weeks and hope to get on some birds.  I am pretty sure I have a good bead on some as long as they are still in the area from before and during deer season (saw a ton while scouting this summer). 

It is going to be bitter sweet not being able to share in the hunt with Donald, but hopefully he has taught me well enough that I can put myself on a bird.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and for those who have had success already, congrats!