OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: A few more pics and the story  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Bustabeak

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Carroll county Georgia!
    • Smallwood and sons
A few more pics and the story
« on: March 22, 2015, 08:23:59 AM »
This spot I went to yesterday is known to have turkeys but I actually went in blind. I hadn't been over there to listen or scout so we lucked up.

We couldn't get anything to respond on roost. It was a little dreary and windy so I figured we wouldn't have too much action early.

We thought we heard a faint gobble a long way off. Off our property and this was well after daylight. So we decided to just set up in a spot where both my buddy and myself have killed birds before in the past. We started calling a little and sure enough we struck up some hens. They eventually work their way to us but never would show. The stayed just down the hill. So I told my buddy I was going to mess around with them. So I used my haint and gobbled at them. That did the trick, they came running up the hill after I did that. There were actually 5 that came in. They came in fighting each other but once they saw the decoys they kinda got nervous and just walked off.

After that, we heard some more hens up the hill from us. So I figured I'd gobble at them to. Well that's when he cut me off with my gobble. He wasn't 70 yards from us when he gobbled. I would have never know he was there if it wasn't for the gobble call. He wouldn't gobble at any hen call at all. I called a little more and nothing.... So I had my buddy yelp a little and then I gobbled at that. He cut me off again with my gobble call. 3 minutes after his last gobble he was flopping on the ground! I know a lot of people don't Iike the gobble call, but that thing has killed a lot of birds for me. I wouldn't leave home without it!

Offline WNY Bowhunter

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: A few more pics and the story
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 09:42:01 AM »
Nice one, way to get it done!!! :you_rock:
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

Offline WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 01:57:58 PM »
I think it's neat you killed him with the gobble call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bustabeak

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Carroll county Georgia!
    • Smallwood and sons
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 06:53:22 PM »

I think it's neat you killed him with the gobble call.

Thanks! The last 3 or 4 birds I've killed with it. I wouldn't leave home without it!

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 07:44:58 PM »
Thanks for the read! Glad you got the monkey off your back and I look forward to seeing the next Ga toms you knock down!

Sent from the Strut Zone
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
Re: A few more pics and the story
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 09:11:27 PM »
Great story. I've been gobbling more this year, finally got where it sounds decent on a diaphragm. Can't get the hang of the Haint.

Offline Turkeykiller12

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 03:44:42 PM »
Good job

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 08:46:22 AM »
Great job