OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: REMINDER  (Read 2052 times)

Offline spurman

• In Memorial
  • Double Beard
  • LM NRA. DAV, KYANG
REMINDER
« on: March 16, 2015, 07:59:23 PM »
Hey all you WidowMakers, just a reminder. Be sure and read all the rules again and especially look at the rules for pictures. This has been a problem in the past for the WidowMakers. You kill a great bird and for some reason you fail to get all the pictures that are required for the contest. This happened to me a few years ago. I thought I had all the right pictures so I cleaned the bird. That night when I went to post the pictures I had forgotten to get one of the bird on the scale. I lucked out and got another bird the last week of season, I did it right that time and got all the right pictuers. This happened about 3 years ago. A former team mate killed 12 gobblers and took all kinds of photo's but didn't take any that could be used in the contest. I think the team ended up with only 7 birds registered that year.

I know it is a pain to take the pictures when you don't have anyone to help and when your tired after a hard day. Or when you take a 2 year old and think I will get a better bird next time out. Don't take the chance go ahead and take some pictures.

Thanks team mates, best of luck this spring have fun be safe and kill a bigun.

Bill
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
Re: REMINDER
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 08:43:14 PM »
Yeah, I lost a lot of points on my bird last year.  It's hard to hold the bird, tape and camera and get a good picture by yourself.
I'll do better this year I promise.  :character0029:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline SheGotHoOks

REMINDER
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 10:25:43 AM »
Thanks for the reminder captain.. For some reason it's just easy to not get the pics perfect and no1 likes losing points on their bird. Just a few more days and I will be in Tn!! I'm beyond ready! Good luck Bill..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline doublegobble

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Harvey, Iowa
Re: REMINDER
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 03:20:16 PM »
Most of the time I end up taking pictures by myself because nobody is around but I don't think I ever had any questions about them. I will do my best! Spent some time at my buddies farm the other night and the gobblers started firing off all over the place about dark. April 13 can't come fast enough!
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.