OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Benelli m1 24" bunch of loads and chokes....

Started by scdxt, March 16, 2015, 07:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scdxt

Just figured this might help some guys shooting mobil choke guns.
If anyone wants a pic of any pattern just let me know. 70 degrees and 40yd unless noted
The somewhat bad ones i will not post ,just the even hunting patterns.All of these was the patterns that had no gaps and I would feel very comfortable hunting with. Good luck to everyone and be safe.

3" Hevi 7     .650 carlsons              251/10"
3" LB 6        .640 carlsons              236/10"
3" LB 6        .656 hevi choke           234/10"
3" LB 5        .656 hevi                    170/10"
3" hevi 6      .656 hevi choke          153/10" 80 degrees
3" hevi 6      .650 carlsons              146/10"  80 degrees
3" hevi 7      .660 rhino                  164/10"
3" thug 6      .656 hevi choke          142/10"
3" thug 6      .660 rhino                  108/10"
3" win xx 6    .656 hevi                   120/10"
3" win xx 6    xxx cnc                     114/10"
3" thug 6      xxx cnc                     123/10"
3" win super x 6   xxx cnc               118/10"

Numbers for hevi choke with hevi 7 coming soon...

3" hevi 7      Hevi choke                 245-252/10"
3" LB 6         Hevi choke                249/10"    Clean barrel

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

scdxt

Quote from: albrubacker on March 16, 2015, 07:51:08 PM
Good list!
Thanks! It was a very long list to begin with and a shoulder that is still hurting lol.

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

aaron.haverfield@gmail.co

Thank you a ton. This is very helpful. I may change from 3.5 to 3 after seeing this. Wonder what heavy blends do out of the Carlson .650

the Ward

scdxt

Quote from: aaron.haverfield@gmail.co on March 29, 2015, 01:44:48 PM
Thank you a ton. This is very helpful. I may change from 3.5 to 3 after seeing this. Wonder what heavy blends do out of the Carlson .650
For some reason I havent been happy with the performance of the magblends for the last few years. I shot them the first few years after they came out with some awesome patterns. Im guessing hevi changed some components which they are known to do. I patterned a few of last years magblends and they where so-so. Much better patterns with the 6s and 7s. 

aaron.haverfield@gmail.co

Thanks for the tip. Probably won't spend the money then to pattern them.

scdxt

Quote from: aaron.haverfield@gmail.co on March 29, 2015, 06:42:22 PM
Thanks for the tip. Probably won't spend the money then to pattern them.
If anyone has shot this years magblends they could probably tell you some info on them. Last ones I shot was last years run.

yella yelper

Thanks for the info.   My M1 24" didn't like the Rhino .660 either.

Tracker12

scdxt

Guys if anyone needs to know anymore info just shoot me a message. I've ran about every combo u can imagine through these guns with all barrel lengths. And have a lot of the stuff wrote down in a notebook. Don't mind helping anyone.

KyScott

That my friend is a lot of counting! Good info Thanks.

scdxt

No problem! Have done about the same with the 21" guns also. Got a kicks .650 and some numbers to come with it if the rain will ever stop. Got some pb lead 3" 2oz 7s to try also.

huntstat

Thank you for the time, effort, and most of all extremely helpful information. I haved owned a M1 Super 90 for a long time and wasn't pleased with any load I ran through it. So, I tried the Hevy 7s and the Carlson's .650 and bingo a terrific pattern....even at 50 yards. So, I polished the barrel and the pattern improved again. Ended up taking 2 toms in Kansas with this combination at an extended range. I am hooked. Now to buy a lifetime supply of Hevy 7s.