turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Box calls

Started by bunk, March 23, 2011, 12:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunk

I have only been hunting turkeys a couple years and have yet to get a box call. I would like to add one to my vest this year and would like some suggestions. I would like to stay under $50. There are so many box calls out there I don't even know where to start. If some of you have some suggestions of a box call under $50 that's a proven call I would appreciat it.

letinmfly

Get a hold of Al at SS Custom Calls.  He makes a field grade call that costs $55 and worth every penny.  You won't be disappointed!!
If you need his contact info send me a PM.

Here's what they look like...

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,2594.0.html
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

coachmitchel

Quote from: letinmfly on March 23, 2011, 12:51:13 PM
Get a hold of Al at SS Custom Calls.  He makes a field grade call that costs $55 and worth every penny.  You won't be disappointed!!
If you need his contact info send me a PM.

Here's what they look like...

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,2594.0.html

:z-guntootsmiley:  :z-guntootsmiley:  :z-guntootsmiley:

bowhunter84

bunk

SS Customs seems to be popular. Are there any production calls that would fit in. I have heard good thing about the Primos Box Cutter. Any opinions on it.

mudhen

Quote from: bunk on March 23, 2011, 05:40:22 PM
SS Customs seems to be popular. Are there any production calls that would fit in. I have heard good thing about the Primos Box Cutter. Any opinions on it.

I've kilt more than one bird with my Box Cutter over the years :)

BUT, I've got a brand new SS Field Grade sitting on my desk right now, and it is maybe the best box call I have ever heard for anything even remotely in that price range  ;D

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

drum817

Quote from: mudhen on March 23, 2011, 05:51:25 PM

I've kilt more than one bird with my Box Cutter over the years :)

BUT, I've got a brand new SS Field Grade sitting on my desk right now, and it is maybe the best box call I have ever heard for anything even remotely in that price range  ;D

mudhen

Mudhen is telling you the truth.  SS Custom Calls also has a money back guarantee  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

letinmfly

Why would you even consider a production call when you can get a true custom call for $5 more?  Do yourself a favor and get a hold of Al.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

TnTurk

Quote from: letinmfly on March 23, 2011, 09:24:26 PM

Why would you even consider a production call when you can get a true custom call for $5 more?  Do yourself a favor and get a hold of Al.
:agreed:

lmbhngr

IMO you can`t beat a custom call but I have a "Grand Old Master" that always makes them gobble when nothing else will. The call is 18 years old. I don`t even have to chalk it anymore.

yelpy

If you are looking at a production box that is under $50. I would have to say I called in many of turkeys with a Lynch World Champion Box call. They work very well.

You can't go wrong with a call from the S&S boys though. They make a great box..

bunk

Quote from: letinmfly on March 23, 2011, 09:24:26 PM

The SS Custom is $61tmd. and I can get a Box Cutter for $21tmd. Thats more than $5 more. My limmit was $50 and down.

bunk

I guess I need to scratch up eleven more bucks and get a SS Custom. Thanks for your help.

crackshot

I would buy a S&S field grade box. Al's a great guy, and I know he won't let anything but the best leave. I know your price range, but sometimes you get what you pay for. I hate to see how the Primos calls get tuned. Al tunes all his calls, and does it right! I've bought alot of custom box calls, and I can tell you right now Al is on the short list for repeat business, and I mean SHORT list.