OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Whay's up guys? Need some chatter among the team.

Started by TN Beard Buster, March 11, 2015, 09:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

Got a lonesome strutter on cam Tuesday in dad's spot for the opener. Been trying to get him a bird for a few years now. Hope he connects. Gonna be out listening sat and hopefully sun morning to see where I'll be the opener
Strutstopper

calebb

Finally starting to hear some birds around my parts. Headed down to MS for a few days before Easter. Ready to get that first one to flop. Been doing it for almost 20 years but I still get antsy until the feathers start flying, no better feeling.

TN Beard Buster

I hope ya'll have better luck than timberjack and I had today on AEDC. We hunted two different areas and saw nothing and he heard one bird gobble one time. I'm ready for things to crank up!

timberjack86

Quote from: TN Beard Buster on March 28, 2015, 10:05:21 PM
I hope ya'll have better luck than timberjack and I had today on AEDC. We hunted two different areas and saw nothing and he heard one bird gobble one time. I'm ready for things to crank up!
I hunted again today and came up with nothing. Hopefully another week and they will be ready.

Trevor2

Strutstopper

TN Beard Buster

I'm ready for this. I managed to put one down Monday on AEDC and that just started to fuel the fire. I haven't heard a bird gobble yet and the only strutter I've seen this year was my decoy and what Ive seen from the road. Saturday morning will find me on my new private ground for the first time.

reflexl

Congrats on the bird old man! I have his score up now.

Trevor2

Congrats. Just checked my cam and look here it's dad's opening morning spot but stills gets me excited
Strutstopper

TNTRKYHunter

Tomorrow is the big day. Can't wait!! Good luck everyone!!

:fud:   :OGani:

reflexl

Got one spotted. roosted him twice. He gonna die!

timberjack86

Hunted aedc today, no gobbles. I set up in an area that produced in the past and called a silent bird in to 15 yards. Longstory short He saw me about the time I saw him and I missed. Oh well season hasn't officially started yet. :z-dizzy:

TN Beard Buster

Go get em Roy. Not sure if I can sleep tonight cause it's less than 12 hours till killin time. I pray the Good Lord let's me lead one down a Dead End Road in the morning!

TNTRKYHunter

Bird down. Will post pics. Soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN Beard Buster

Congrat tntrky! I should've had a 60-70 point bird this morning if it wasn't for a blasted coyote.

TNTRKYHunter

Those coyotes have ruined alot of good hunts!! I started out this morning on our lease property and ended up having some drama with two out of state guests that were were supposed to be hunting with one of our members, however someone didnt get the memo about having to hunt with club member and not roaming all over the property and ruining the hunting for the actual club members. So, after all that, I went to another property with a friend of mine. As soon as we got out of the truck we heard one gobble up on a ridge not far from where parked. Long story short, we get to that ridge, set up, called..Nothing!! I thought oh well, we are going to be here for a while, intermittently called for about 45 min when we heard one gobble further down the ridge. We decided to split the distance between us and him, got set up and I cut a few times with a mouth call, my friend says "I can hear one drumming" sure enough, a different bird came in from our right and gobbled about strutted on the side of the ridge we were on. I let him clear some brush and made a 30yd shot on him. Afterward, while I was picking up my bird, another bird gobbled down the hill from the direction the bird I just killed came from. I got back to the tree, My friend got set up, and I made a few calls and two more gobblers came in on a string. He shot his bird nearly in the same spot as I killed mine. All I can say is Thank the good Lord for such an amazing morning! Pics are posted in the Kill thread.