turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Flextone locator calls

Started by fadetoblack188, March 10, 2015, 07:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fadetoblack188

Does anyone use these?  Is an owl or crow better for locating?

How are the calls?

Obviously I'm last min only two weeks left. That's why I gotta order a call that will arrive quickly.  There on amaZon haha.

Thanks

jordanz7935

Never tried their locator calls but most of their turkey calls arent very good. IMO, Theyre the worst brand of turkey calls on the market. But since your looking for locator calls,  it doesnt really matter how bad it sounds to our ear. As long as it makes them shock gobble. Crow and owl calls both work good but the main difference, traditionally, is that owl calls are more appropriate when the bird is roosted first thing in the morning or when your trying to put one to bed.I use the crow call more as a locator during the day when i know the bird is on the ground.But both calls can be used vice versa with success as well.Personally ive had a lot more luck with a crow call. Especially when your putting miles on trying to find a gobbler mid morning.In my expereince crow calls will make em gobble when nothing else will. Im in the market for a new crow call this year and ill be getting a Gison walnut crow call. A deal @ $26

fadetoblack188

What's a good owl call I can order that will arrive quick. I no the harrison hootn stick is favored. But how fast will it arrive .

I have a primos crow call that I will use for now.

jordanz7935

Ive never tried any of the "good" owl calls. Ive only tried the hs strut and quaker boy owl calls. Maybe thats the reason i havent had the greatest luck with owl calls.But i dont even carry those hunting anymore and i dont feel like im at any disadvantage at all.From what i have seen,theyre most useful roosting the birds the night before. Harrison Hootnstick would be the way to go from what ive heard. Thats what ill buy if i ever feel the need for one.