OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I am in the 10 gauge business too!!!

Started by BrowningGuy88, March 23, 2011, 08:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrowningGuy88

Well guys, I am now in the 10 gauge business too! I put a BPS Stalker on lay-a-way just a minute ago. I will have it in a few months and the wife told me to get whatever I needed to set it up come B-Day time. So Nitro 4X5X7's or Straight 7's. Rhino Choke tube either .690 or .710 --- whatever Ray suggests with his shells.  Hopefully an Aimpoint. Maybe get it all dipped eventually, but I doubt it.

What made me jump on is I shot the 517T 12 gauge load twice yesterday to pattern and figure if I am going to tolerate that much recoil I may as well get a 10 gauge!!!!

I am sure I will be back with some questions the closer it gets to getting time to pick it up.

Daman

runngun

Sounds to me like You done good one the gun and the wife !!!!! :z-winnersmiley:
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

I hate turkeys

You now have big thunder. You will love the 10. Get you one of those little carts people carry golf bags on to tote it around. I have a light weight 3 1/2" 12 ga that I carry very little I just drag around that big 10 (I love the roar).
Get you a Sims recoil pad it turns the kick into a good push.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

BrowningGuy88

Well I forgot to add that I got the 26" barreled Stalker model. My friend and engineering mentor, has one of the original Stalker with a 24" barrel and I love the feel of the gun. I would have liked the 24" barrel, I wanted the black model instead of the camo.

I plan to just let it ride on lay-a-away until my B-day which is in December. I also put the father in law a youth model 870 synthetic 20 gauge on lay-a-away for Christmas so I think it will be nice to both have new turkey guns for Christmas time and in time to start playing with them before turkey season.

I don't think I will mind the weight, I will just take a few pounds off of myself to counter act the gun. My 12 weighs 8.5 pounds and the BPS weighs 10.5. I will definitely be around this part of the sight looking at info and patterns, what works and what don't for the next year!

Daman