OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Ohio  (Read 8280 times)

Offline Gutsdozer

Re: Ohio
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 07:00:26 AM »
I hunted today and didn't hear a single gobble. I am not seeing birds either. Strange time here.

I went out again yesterday and the morning gobbles were spares here as well. Later in the day (11'ish) I started hearing gobblers as they were wondering around. Not a single one responded to any of my calls. I'm a newbie turkey hunter (second year) but arn't they out looking for hens at that time of day generally?

Offline Greybeard11

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 09:11:01 PM »
My son and I hunted yesterday morning and finally had a vocal bird. He gobbled a lot. A brushpile saved his life for now but we'll be back!!
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."  -John Wayne

Offline strut-n-rut

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 09:05:33 AM »
Heard a few this morning. Warmer weather should help out

Offline AC HAMMER

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 02:59:33 PM »
Recently had a group of 12 Jakes show up and start strutting around and gobbling at each other here in SW Ohio. Funny to watch! :turkey2:  :z-guntootsmiley:

Offline aaron

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2016, 02:54:20 PM »
This morning was a crystal clear, dead still, brisk morning.  31 degrees when I got out of the truck and it was the best gobbling morning I have had yet this year.   was moving in trying to pinpoint a birds location and I misjudged him.   Before I could get out I realized the group was about to walk right by me.  2 big gobblers, a jake, and a few hens.  Luckily they didn't spook!  That will get the blood pumping for season.

Offline borderjumper

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 07:44:33 AM »
Ashtabula report.Monday limited gobbling but did have a bird working for around 30 minutes at 8:30 and then silent.heading south tomorrow for 5 days then off to  pa for opener.good luck too all.

Offline Buckeye_Strutter_935

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 02:52:35 PM »
hunted the last 2 days killed one each day beeen hammering middle of the day
Feathers Fear Me