News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ohio

Started by buckeye b, March 10, 2015, 04:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutsdozer

Quote from: Greybeard11 on May 02, 2015, 10:13:25 PM
I hunted today and didn't hear a single gobble. I am not seeing birds either. Strange time here.

I went out again yesterday and the morning gobbles were spares here as well. Later in the day (11'ish) I started hearing gobblers as they were wondering around. Not a single one responded to any of my calls. I'm a newbie turkey hunter (second year) but arn't they out looking for hens at that time of day generally?

Greybeard11

My son and I hunted yesterday morning and finally had a vocal bird. He gobbled a lot. A brushpile saved his life for now but we'll be back!!
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."  -John Wayne

strut-n-rut

Heard a few this morning. Warmer weather should help out

AC HAMMER

Recently had a group of 12 Jakes show up and start strutting around and gobbling at each other here in SW Ohio. Funny to watch! :turkey2:  :z-guntootsmiley:

aaron

This morning was a crystal clear, dead still, brisk morning.  31 degrees when I got out of the truck and it was the best gobbling morning I have had yet this year.   was moving in trying to pinpoint a birds location and I misjudged him.   Before I could get out I realized the group was about to walk right by me.  2 big gobblers, a jake, and a few hens.  Luckily they didn't spook!  That will get the blood pumping for season.

borderjumper

Ashtabula report.Monday limited gobbling but did have a bird working for around 30 minutes at 8:30 and then silent.heading south tomorrow for 5 days then off to  pa for opener.good luck too all.

Buckeye_Strutter_935

hunted the last 2 days killed one each day beeen hammering middle of the day
Feathers Fear Me