Main Menu

Ohio

Started by buckeye b, March 10, 2015, 04:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckeye b

Heard first gobbling today. Lonnie

Deerslayer35

Limbstrutter

Went out this morning to listen and the Turkey's were gobbling crazy. Come on season.
Watch "Eastern wild Turkey hen calls and Gobbling" on YouTube
Eastern wild Turkey hen calls and Gobbling: https://youtu.be/E_o_cHEym00
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

darron

Last Wed birds were hammering decent in SW Ohio.

870FaceLift

Heard lots of gobbling on 4/11 and 4/12 in mid-Ohio.  On 4/11, they gobbled all day long.  They were gobbling just as loud and often at 4pm as they were at flydown.
Pass it on...

Greybeard11

Opening day...finally!!! The birds gobbled well this morning. I killed a bird at 11:15, he only gobbled a few times but followed a hen in to my setup.
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."  -John Wayne

Gutsdozer

Quote from: Greybeard11 on April 20, 2015, 04:03:38 PM
Opening day...finally!!! The birds gobbled well this morning. I killed a bird at 11:15, he only gobbled a few times but followed a hen in to my setup.

Nice! In my neck of the Ohio woods its was rainy and 25 mph winds all morning. Afternoon wasn't much better here. Only heard one gobble and of course he was way out there. Hunting public land.

otis

I went out sunday  and roosted some birds on public land went back monday morning I got in the woods about 530 and at day brake he started gobbling about 75 yards away I did some soft tree yelps and clucks every time I did he gobbled I thought I had him and he flew down the other way and in about 10 minutes latter I herd pow and someone else got him oh well that's hunting I will be back out sat. morning in the woods at 530 to try it again

otis

mwr

Gooblin like crazy and loads of them!!!!   SE Ohio

Greybeard11

36 degrees and sunny early then sunny and windy.The birds gobbled a little on the roost then nothing. hunted until noon.

Cutt

Hunted the first two days with very little gobbling heard, but was able to raise gobbles both days around 11:00.
Filled my first tag at 11:54 the first day, the second day he caught me out of postion, damn should of been in a blind and had decoys out ::)

Looking to get back out a few days this week, hoping for some better weather and more talkative birds? With very little early gobbling both of the first two days, I'm hoping they start losing some of their hens this round?

rock54

been huntn off/on thru first wk in carrol county, very,very little gobbles. 0 gobbles 2day and no hen

vocals at all, within the 4 days i was out, did have some gobbles at 11.30am last thursday, across the road

and up the hill, nothin on my side of road.... russ

Cutt

Made it back to Ohio for my 3rd hunt, expectations were high as it was a picture perfect day. But only heard 1 bird on the roost which was on Private property across the road from me on Public, so couldn't do nothing with him. Never heard another bird till I struck a gobble at 11:00, no dice, 2 jakes.

What are others hearing in Ohio? Not hearing the amount of birds I use to hear there. Hoping it's just a lull or numbers are really down.

rock54

dnr says 16,000-18,000 birds on web site

Greybeard11

I hunted today and didn't hear a single gobble. I am not seeing birds either. Strange time here.