OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

835 / SumToy .675 & longbeard 3.5" #4's.

Started by drum817, March 08, 2015, 05:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

Who would have ever thought #4's would pattern like that.  Nice!

old3toe

I killed two last year with 3.5" lb 4's. There wasn't much of a reaction at the shot either.lol It mowed them down quick. No flopping cartwheeling or any of that sorts.lol One was 25 yds and one was right under 40. I was surprised when my uncle pointed out a small tree nearly cut down when I took the first bird. I was shooting them in a moss 835 20" barrel polished with an HS under taker .695 choke and a true glow red dot. On the pattern board I was pushing 140 in a 10" at 41yds. This year I shot two 3" lb 4's in the same setup and got 104 an 114 in 10" at 42yds. I'm loving them too. I recently picked up an Indian creek .675 for the 835 to run them through from a nice guy on here. Can't wait to see what it'll do. I'm hoping to see some awesome patterns but at the same time I'm skeered they might be to tight.lol Either way I just got to know!

TrackeySauresRex

Looks great!  :OGturkeyhead:
I can't get them to work for me. I'm all over the map and missing my mark with my set up. There just a little to tight for me.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

petemoss83

I like the lb 4's too. My gun (835 of course) with the indian creek and 3.5" 2 1/8oz. #4 magnums will average 170's but I have two patterns that went in 180's. The indian creek performs really well with the long beards. The patterns were nice and even.

Izzyjoe

That a great pattern, the first time I tried Lb 4's in my 870 special purpose, it shot 120's, I was impressed and bought 4 boxes!