Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 / SumToy .675 & longbeard 3.5" #4's.

Started by drum817, March 08, 2015, 05:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

chatterbox

Holy crap Tim!
Absolutely amazing! Who would have thought we would ever see numbers like that at 40 with #4 Lead.
If I got numbers like that, I would never look at HTL again!
Nice shootin', Tex! :smiley-char092:

drum817

Quote from: chatterbox on March 08, 2015, 05:27:11 PM
Holy crap Tim!
Absolutely amazing! Who would have thought we would ever see numbers like that at 40 with #4 Lead.
If I got numbers like that, I would never look at HTL again!
Nice shootin', Tex! :smiley-char092:

I was blown away!!!  That was at a lasered 40 yards.  I'm headed back to my local wal-mart to get two more boxes tomorrow!!!

chatterbox

Tim,

The tea leaves have spoken. There will be many dead turkeys in your future with that choke and load!

drum817

Quote from: chatterbox on March 08, 2015, 05:37:29 PM
Tim,

The tea leaves have spoken. There will be many dead turkeys in your future with that choke and load!

I hope so buddy!!!    :icon_thumright:

chatterbox

Quote from: drum817 on March 08, 2015, 05:50:55 PM
Quote from: chatterbox on March 08, 2015, 05:37:29 PM
Tim,

I hope so buddy!!!    :icon_thumright:
The way you hunt Tim, you don't need the tea leaves! :icon_thumright:

surehuntsalot

awesome #'s with 4's
who said lead is dead
you are gonna make me break out my 835 and the stardot to see what they will do with some LB 4's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ky.trophy

drum817

I'm telling ya......that combo is going to da woods this year!!!   :smiley-char092:

tonybforua

I'm hooked on these shells. 4s will rock one.

jordanz7935

Wow!! I think those are the best patterns ive seen yet with LB#4s. Im getting numbers like that shooting LB#5's, 935,kicks GT .680. Im gonna try out my new star dot choke with longbeards once it warms up though.After seeing your patterns i think im gonna run #4s this year.

drum817

I didn't have my tape measure with me....,I lasered it three Times and walked it off.... I'm 6'4" and DO NOT take small steps!!!  Muzzle behind the line!!!  William at SumToy told me they doing really good with the 4's...guess he was right!!!  BTW.... My barrel has been polished.

gatrkyhntr70

Smoking patterns! I was getting upper 160's with my 870sm and lb#4's last season. Killed one with that setup but then I came across a trulock fed 7 choke and I stocked up on them. The longbeards are hard to beat especially with the patterns you can get in the # 5, 4 shot.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

BowBendr

I shot the 3.5" Longbeard #4's today as well.
835 and a Kicks .680 produced outstanding patterns. Scary outstanding !!
William @ Sumtoy was correct many, many months ago when he stated that the #4's were the real workhorse of the Longbeard line. 40 yards isn't even an issue...

VAarrowslinger

what POI difference are you guys seeing with the LB 4's up close when zeroed at 40yards? In other words....If i zero at 40 will it shoot low up close at 15 yards?