OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2 diaphram calls at the same time ?

Started by Fox Fire, March 22, 2011, 10:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox Fire

I've been think'n about try'n to keep 2 calls in mouth (1 in each cheek) at the same time, so I can have a better choice of sounds without have'n to remove/replace when needed.

Just curious if someone else tried/do this?

TauntoHawk

i have done 2 in at the same time, practice making the switch til you get it down good. I dont do it much but i have and so does my buddy

i prefer to flip calls over in my mouth and run them upside down, makes even the most raspy call run smooth and sweet.

example ill run a course raspy call for some gobbler clucks and flip it over into some high hen yelps and cluck n purrs and back again
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fox Fire

What got me to think'n about it was I can do sevral sounds from my fave call but it dont have enuff versatility do make all th sounds I want it to no matter how much I practice.

The cut of the call seems to limit it to only so many sounds(or different calls if you will, a kee kee, a whine, cutt'n, yelps), the calls that do a better kee kee an dbetter cackles are so keen sounding the yelps dont sound correct to me, and vise/versa.

just a thought.

bird

I have messed around with it but it can be tricky so you do have to practice at it quite a bit.

bowhunter84

never thought about doing that. i'll be trying it when i get home :icon_thumright:

shootumindaface

blacky

I have been doing that for years. It just adds a little versatility to your calling.
A  full line of calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

TnTurk

Ive done it several times. I like using it in the hills, when they pop there head up over the ridge they go flop. Lots more convincing than just one hen.   :icon_thumright:

Fox Fire

I was think'n about the "more than one hen" issue today, mite be a good trick to learn, besides...I need a reason to buy a few more  calls anyway.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)