OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Fist gobbles in Connecticut  (Read 2642 times)

Offline turkaholic

• live to hunt hunt to live
Fist gobbles in Connecticut
« on: March 08, 2015, 08:54:25 AM »
Went out for a listen this morning, almost 3 feet of snow still on the ground. Had a good group of birds gobbling on my farm. This is the earliest I have ever herd them. I have been keeping track of first gobbles for 15 years. This is also one of the most severe winters in my 56 years. Just when I thought they would all be frozen, sure brightens thing up.
live to hunt hunt to live

Offline Laloom83

Re: Fist gobbles in Connecticut
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 04:17:41 PM »
Went out for a listen this morning, almost 3 feet of snow still on the ground. Had a good group of birds gobbling on my farm. This is the earliest I have ever herd them. I have been keeping track of first gobbles for 15 years. This is also one of the most severe winters in my 56 years. Just when I thought they would all be frozen, sure brightens thing up.

I’m scared this CT winter is about to be worse!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 06:58:59 PM »
Just to ask, you are hearing active gobbling morning to morning? You are talking pre-season activity???

I hear gobbling year round, but nothing that is related to "Breeding Cycle" still more social structure at this time of year.

MK M GOBL

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 10:30:10 AM »
Just to ask, you are hearing active gobbling morning to morning? You are talking pre-season activity???

I hear gobbling year round, but nothing that is related to "Breeding Cycle" still more social structure at this time of year.

MK M GOBL
Tend to agree w this