Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New gun for the junior spur collector

Started by Turkeykiller12, March 07, 2015, 03:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeykiller12

Took a ride down over into Alabama today and found my son a nice turkey gun. It's a mossberg 510 mini 20 gauge. It's has screw in chokes and is drilled and tapped for a scope. A burris ff3 will soon be on the way. We got back and he had to shoot it. I tossed in a 2 3/4" magnum #6 and he shot it. I was a little nervous but he handled it just fine. Can't wait for the days ahead this season trying to get him a bird.

davisd9

Very nice! Fine looking junior Spur Collector! Cannot wait to see that gun beside ol tom!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WV Ridge Reaper

X2 tell him to kill a biggen!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirt road ninja

He looks like a happy camper. Good luck!!!

trkehunr93

boomer

Nice!! Hope he gets a big one this spring with it.

Turkeykiller12

Thanks guys! This boy and his brother are surely a blessing and I know will make some good hunting buddies for a lifetime.

dirt road ninja

Turkeykiller12

dirt road ninja

Quote from: Turkeykiller12 on March 17, 2015, 03:58:54 PM
7 and 3

Those are fun ages. 3 is when I started taking my son on rabbit hunts around the house. Now at 11 he's starting to question me and doesn't want to go all the time. He is starting to want to hang out with his friends. Enjoy it while ya can.