OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Started by Duke0002, March 22, 2011, 09:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

Sorry this is late today.  It's been a hectic 2 days.

"So Jesus also suffered outside the gate in order to sanctify the people through His own blood" (Hebrews 13:12).

The word scapegoat comes from a part of the ritual God gave His people Israel to atone for the sins of the nation.  Once a year, the high priest was to lay his hands on the head of a living goat and confess over it all the sins of the people.  Then the goat would be sent away into the desert and released far from any human dwelling.  It carried away all the sins of the people, and God would forgive them.

This is a powerful sign pointing to what God Himself chose to do many years later in the person of Jesus Christ, the world's Savior.  Jesus, who is God and man, took our rebellion, our sin, and our wickedness on His own shoulders.  He carried our sin and guilt all the way to the cross, where He suffered and died outside the city of God, rejected and forsaken by everyone.

Jesus, carried our sin, so you and I could be forgiven.  And when Jesus rose from the dead, He left the burden of our evil right where it belongs -in the grave.

Jesus became our scapegoat.  And now, because of His loving-kindness, we have become God's chosen, forgiven people -free of guilt and free of shame.

This is why it is so necessary that we trust in Jesus' work of salvation.  He is the only scapegoat that God acknowledges for our forgiveness and reconciliation.  His blood cleanses us from all unrighteousness.  By faith, and faith alone, we receive His righteousness and are made holy in God's sight.  Trust, dear friends, trust in your personal atonement in Christ Jesus!

-Dale

BOFF

Great devotion Dale!!

Sorry to read of the hectic 2 days!!

Father God, I thank you for your salvation through your son Jesus Christ.

Thank you for my brother Dale, and his daily walk with you. Provide him comfort, peace, and wisdom to handle the daily stresses of life. Help this days to be easier, not for his glory, but yours. In Jesus name we ask and pray these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

mmims

Dale, one of my favorite Chapters in God's word! Thank You. Late is not too late! Great word.

Mike

Roostem33

Great Word and Great message!! Thanks Dale!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer