OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Listened this morning  (Read 2042 times)

Offline turkeykiller22

• Grounded Brand
Listened this morning
« on: March 07, 2015, 08:31:23 AM »
Got up and went listening this morning. Pulled to the first spot and heard 3-4 birds. Jumped back in the truck and headed to the next spot, heard 3-4 birds there. After that I jumped in the truck again and headed to an old lease we use to have that is now public land. I always like to know if there is a bird or two on it. I did not hear one there but I saw a group of 4 longbeards with 20 plus hens right down the road.

On my way out I saw another group of 21 hens with no gobblers in the flock. Hunting for the first week or so may be tough this spring. It was 23 degrees here this morning. The 10 day shows a good chance of rain for everyday leading up to the opener. I should be able to go listen on a different farm in the next day or so. Hopefully I can get one pegged for dad to shoot on opening day.

Fingers crossed! I hope everyone has a great spring!

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Listened this morning
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 09:53:19 AM »
Glad to hear you have options. I was going to go listen but when I woke up and saw it was 26 I rolled back over and slept like a baby. Going in a bit to check roost site and glass a little. Suppose to warm up to 62 and be 45 at sunrise in the morning so I will go listen before church.

Sent from the Strut Zone
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
Re: Listened this morning
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 06:26:43 AM »
Glad your on them, mine are being quiet.