Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Good morning scouting!

Started by chatterbox, March 14, 2015, 11:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Me and Harrison went out this morning to do a little scouting and to see how our birds are faring.
Saw one huge tom in full strut, and H hit the gobble shaker and he sounded off!
Well, that got 3 toms down in the woods to sound off, which in turn got the hens all riled up! They were yelping and cutting to beat the band!
All in all a great morning! :icon_thumright:

West Augusta

It's pouring the rain down here and we still have a month to go.  I'll wait to get out.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

spurman

That's great Mike. I hope to go Monday, it's supposed to be 70 de. and sunny.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

chatterbox

Quote from: West Augusta on March 14, 2015, 04:35:15 PM
It's pouring the rain down here and we still have a month to go.  I'll wait to get out.
I hear ya on that one, Steve!
Our birds have had such a miserable winter, we just had to go see how they are holding up.

Roughneck

West Augusta

Quote from: chatterbox on March 14, 2015, 07:01:14 PM
Quote from: West Augusta on March 14, 2015, 04:35:15 PM
I hear ya on that one, Steve!
Our birds have had such a miserable winter, we just had to go see how they are holding up.
Yeah, the first part of winter wasn't bad but the last part was extremely cold and snowy.  I'm sure they had it rough.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Gobble!

Heard some gobbling this week in Maryland. Birds were on fire Tuesday morning.

BennieGobbler

Heard a gobbler Sound off with the Slam of the House door this am here in VA!!!! :funnyturkey:
Print by Madison, on Flickr