turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Roll call and introductions

Started by chatterbox, January 17, 2015, 09:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Alright guys and girls, I will start up the roll call.
My name is Mike Clark, and I hail from Central New Hampshire. I am a full time educator in the medical field, and have been married for 16 years,with 2 beautiful children.
I was turned onto turkey hunting by my FIL, and was hooked after I heard my first gobble! I killed a jake my first season, then took a couple seasons off. Took it back up, and had back to back successful springs.
Then I ate tag soup and humble pie for 3 long seasons. Talk about humility!
Then I took a long hard look at what was wrong. I was looking at measuring my success by a punched tag, not by how much fun I was having.
Once I relaxed, my success rate took off, and I have connected on 2 fine gobblers my last 2 springs.
The biggest piece of advice I can give is that don't count your success by the number of beards you harvest when you start. Those will come in time. Just have fun, and enjoy every moment that you are on this side of the earth.
Here are a few of pics from my last 2 seasons including a double my oldest had last spring with his grandfather.
So good luck to all my fellow widowmakers, and lets see if we can make some noise this spring!

Gobble!

Name is Justin and I'm from Western Maryland. I am a project manager for IBM supporting a Navy client and will be turning 27 this April. I have been married for 3 years. Have a 2 year old little boy and baby boy number two due 10 February. This will be my 11th spring turkey season. I typically only hunt in MD (2 bird state) but have purchased a PA license a couple times. Probably only MD this spring. I have been lucky enough to take 20 gobblers over those 10 years. Hoping for a good spring 2015 and that I will be able to make it out as much as past years. Best part about my job is I can roll in at 0700 or 1000 as long as I don't get pulled into any meetings.
Here's my favorite turkey picture. This is from 2013.

West Augusta

I'm Steve, charter member of the WidowMakers.
I'm a staff EE in a factory in North Central West Virginia.
I'm known to make a few strikers and am starting to make Jordan Yelpers and pot calls.
I only took 1 bird last year but it was my best to date taken with the first Jordan Yelper that I made.
I will hunt West Virginia and possibly Ohio and I hope South Dakota for a Merriam.
Good luck to y'all and hunt safe.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

SheGotHoOks

Hey everybody I'm Joni and this is my third year as a Widow Maker.. Most of y'all know that Justin (Onpoint) is my husband and we have hunted together this will be our 4th year.. I absolutely freakin love it!!! I can't wait til spring, we'll Hunt Ky & Tn (hopefully a few more states too)  here's my hoOks from last year... 

I've shared many amazingly awesome hunts with my husband and this hunt was definitely one of those kinda hunts! Anyhow nice to hear from my old teammates and nice to meet my new ones!!! Can't wait for spring..!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SheGotHoOks

Btw.. Onpoint (justin) has issues with replying to threads so he can't check in himself.. He can post a thread and he can send and receive msgs, he just can't reply to a thread!! So.. He's been hunting I believe this will be his 22nd season! He started hunting b4 he was big enough to hold a shotgun.. Here's some pics..

(And of course.. He wants to show yA this)
And that's that! Justin and Joni.. Here & Here;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spurman

Hi team mates, I'm Bill, my wife and I live in Western KY. I am retired and loving every minute of it. I've been turkey hunting 30 or so years and still get excited just thinking about another spring season. I am looking forward to another season of fun and getting to know all of you better.

The WidowMakers had a really good season last year and the only way we can do better this year is to win this thing.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

doublegobble

Hey everyone. I'm Brent Schroder from Iowa. Thanks for having me back again. Looking forward to another year in the turkey woods.
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

chatterbox

Lookin like we have some bona fide killers on this team! :smiley-char092:

turkey buster

Team choot em n da face is on your turf! Lol

Good luck guys

Gobble!

Quote from: turkey buster on January 23, 2015, 06:34:16 PM
Team choot em n da face is on your turf! Lol

Good luck guys

well bless your heart

Charley B

Hi everyone! 
My name is Charles, everybody calls me Charley, so feel free to call me either way.
I live in Québec/Canada and I'm 36.  I speak mostly French, so don't bother too much with the missspelling or typo when I write in English :)
Second year with the WidowMakers, and verry proud to be a team mate with you guys and girls!
I'm almost ruined form a three years grand slam quest, but to acheive such a goal was Worth every penny.  My Partner and I did it 75% DIY, so we are quite proud about it.  Since my bank account is straving, I won't hunt verry far away from home this spring.  I will hunt in Québec and Ontario, and maby in Vt, Ny or Maine.
We have invitation do go hunt back in Ga or SD, but the bank account won't le me go, just too bad :(
Can't wait to hit the turkey woods by late April  :blob10:

Best wishes everyone!
Charley

Roughneck

Hey everyone I'm Neal I'm from Arkansas looks like I'll be on the team this year I look forward to it and hopefully can help out the team an win this thing.

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

hardthrowinlefty

Hey everyone!

My name is Harrison, and my dad Mike asked me if I wanted to be on the Widowmakers this spring, and I said yes.
I have had a good couple seasons, and hope I can help the team. My baseball season keeps me pretty busy in the spring, but hopefully, I will be able to get out and hunt a week day with my grampie if I can keep my grades up in school!
Next to baseball, turkey is my favorite thing to do! Ever since my dad took me, I have been hooked! I love the challenge it brings!
Here are my pics of my best couple seasons.
My first bird.

My second. A double with my grandfather.

So I hope I can help and add a nice bird to the widowmakers!

hotrod3h

Hello all. My name is Rodney and I live in the northern panhandle of West Virginia. I'm happy to be back for my second year as a Widowmaker. After the long winter I'm anxiously awaiting spring. As usual lots of travel plans to different states this year including my first trip to the New England area. The New England area is the only area of the US that I haven't been so I'm especially looking forward to that. Well if there are any turkeys left after all the snow! Also visiting several new states and some that have been very tough on me. For years I've had a goal of harvesting a gobbler in every state but lately haven't "worked" on that. This year hope to add several mores states. Last year was a good year but all two year olds. I love two year olds but at least one older bird would be nice especially for the team. As spring approaches more to come.

Good luck everyone!

Rodney