turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 835/ longbeards

Started by snapper1982, March 05, 2015, 10:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapper1982

I picked up an old school mossberg 835 a few weeks ago. It is in awesome shape with no marks and no wear on the bolt or slide. It had a dirty barrel and I fired about 15 through it before the long beard. Dirty barrel, 32degrees, factory turkey choke(not the xfactor) 3.5 inch 2 ounce long beard 6 @ rangefinder 40 yards turned out 189.

surehuntsalot

the only thing wrong with that pattern, there wasn't a turkey standing there for it to hit

great looking pattern, good luck with your new gun
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Tennessee Lead

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

the Ward

Good deal! Looks like the 835 and Longbeards are a great match!       :OGturkeyhead:

DirtNap647

mwr

Longbeards work great in my 835, code black .715, #5's...........No reason to look for anything else..

snapper1982

I know these ain't the 200+ a lot of guys are getting with the 6s but it was 32 degrees with the factory choke. This is not my main turkey gun and it may never see turkey action. I bought it for a yote gun and see no sense in putting a lot of money into it for turkey esp with it turning 180. I do have some 5s and plan to see what they will do.

howl

To me the point of the big gun is that it still works even when dirty and in bad conditions.

chatterbox

Looks great! :icon_thumright:
So, it was a dirty barrel, that will effect numbers. It was 32 degrees, and that will effect numbers, and it wasn't one of the aftermarket hunting chokes, and that will effect numbers.
I would say that even with all that, the pattern is great! Nice and even, and you have almost 100 pellets above the minimum accepted numbers that are looked for.
That dog will hunt, and I would hunt with that all day! Deep clean that barrel, and shoot it at 50-60 degrees, and I bet she will sing!

owlhoot

Heck of a backup gun
You probably may get 200 with higher temps
:icon_thumright:

snapper1982

This will be a backup for my backup gun lol. I don't plan to do anything to it at all except run the bore snake through her.  Ok ok so I magi hit be lying. I might tinker with her. After all I am a turkey hunter lol.

LARRYHAYNES

Man like these other guys have said for the conditions and barrel and choke. 180 is awesome plus the pattern is nice and even. Polish that barrel and shoot at 60-70 degrees and you got over 200 easy
LARRY