turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

string tracker

Started by porcupine, March 05, 2015, 10:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porcupine

Think I may try one out this year....anybody using them? What are your thoughts/experiences?

fallhnt

Used em in the early 90"s. Pain in the azz. Just look at the leg , go up and shoot the upper 3rd. Most of my birds die in sight. I stay away from front and back shots if I can. I also use Rage 2 blade heads. Good luck
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

porcupine

Thanks...I also use the 2 blade rage ...but this year starting the season with the long bow and a fixed 2blade and thought about the pro's/ con's of adding it to the trad equipment...

SinGin

Do they still make those?

cornfedkiller

Quote from: porcupine on March 06, 2015, 03:49:34 PM
Thanks...I also use the 2 blade rage ...but this year starting the season with the long bow and a fixed 2blade and thought about the pro's/ con's of adding it to the trad equipment...

Ever thought about trying a bullhead or guillotine out of your longbow?  I used to shoot recurve a little and tried some bullheads, and at 10-15 yards they flew just fine out of my traditional bow...

Just a thought, since it might be way easier than a string tracker..  Hit them in the head and they are dead right there...

porcupine

I suppose that's another option :gobble:

fallhnt

Fixed blade heads sometimes seem to have little effect on birds. A good kill shot may seem to have no effect, when in fact the bird will walk off and die.  Use patients.  Good luck
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Bowguy

Quote from: SinGin on March 06, 2015, 06:01:34 PM
Do they still make those?
funny that's always the obvious question

kyturkeyhunter4

I trade them in the early 90s to, stay away from them,Nothing but a headache.