North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Spur Collectors Turkey Tuesday!

Started by davisd9, March 03, 2015, 07:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

My 2014 Alabama Heavyweight. He is the heaviest bird I have killed at 21 lbs:

Mid day strutter from 2013:

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

boomer

From Nebraska about 5 years ago. Found him on the roost on public ground messed around with him for about 2 hours before he went to some private ground. He came back on public about 10:30 a few ridges from his roost messed with him for awhile longer or he messed with me then he went back to private. Gobbling every so often just to mess with me. In the meantime I called in a bird for a buddy that he shot about at noon. With this one still gobbling on the private ground. Well I went and got setup as close as I could get to him and called like a madman and after 10 minutes of call he came running down that ridge and as soon as he came under the fence onto the public ground I let him have it.

WNY Bowhunter

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

davisd9

A hard fought battle last spring:

A picture that I really like, though not sure why:

A photo my wife took that is in our living room:

My boy and me, same bird as the one with the trumpet call.  Hope to get an updated version of this one this year:

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

An afternoon bird from last season.

davisd9

Quote from: dirt road ninja on March 17, 2015, 12:20:44 PM
An afternoon bird from last season.

Forgot about this picture, lol.  Great photo!

WV Ridge Reaper

Haha nice pic ninja!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Awesome pics and kills. My blood is starting to boil. I will post my double spur from NY I shot a few years ago.

Dr Juice

Here's my only double spur killed in NY in 2012.

davisd9

Do not think any of these are posted.

dirt road ninja

dirt road ninja

Since I can't kill one this year, here is another one from yesteryear. Killed this one with el capit'an Donald a few years ago.

davisd9

Great hunt! You will get ya one!

Sent from the Strut Zone

WNY Bowhunter

Hope to have some "after" pics of these guys in a few weeks...

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."