OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Somewhere in between.......(mouth calls)

Started by beards-n-bone, March 22, 2011, 03:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beards-n-bone

Full size frames are too big for the narrowness between my upper teeth...I have to bend them so much it relaxes the latex thus ruining the call.  The youth/small frames are too small, because of the shape of my pallate I cant hold the call horizontal and keep a air tight seal....It tilts up to seal allowing me to only use the top raspy reed.  Are there any calls that split the difference in size?  This might be the ticket for me.  Thanks.

shootumindaface

There is a frame called the "Cooper" it is between a youth and a standard sized frame.. Only problem with it, it is fatter and square in the back.. It is available through the supplier that most everyone uses for frames. .

Problem lies in the fact that nobody to my knowledge stretches a cooper frame for sale purposes..

Somebody may be willing to stretch you some in a cooper, but the problem lies in the fact that not everything that  works in one frame can be applied to the next frame and thus the R&D cost for the call builder can be high.

Shellwaster

Try the XT calls. I suggest trying the youth frame first. Order the havoc, a very easy call to run. The XT calls have a larger tape that is why I suggest the youth frame so that it fits in your pallet and the larger tape seals it without unseating it.

beards-n-bone

If I took a full size frame and bent it enough that it fits right, could I use this bent frame and stretch the latex over it to make a "custom" fitting call?  I dont know the process of making mouth calls very well so this might not be an option.

beards-n-bone

Or could one possibly overstretch the latex so that when the call is bent to fit my mouth the stretch would be about right?