OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Scouting reports.  (Read 4127 times)

Offline bornagain64

• Longbeard
Scouting reports.
« on: March 01, 2015, 08:40:45 AM »
Post here about scouting reports. If you are hunting the same piece of property of you hunted before,
tell us about it and past years kills.

Offline bornagain64

• Longbeard
Re: Scouting reports.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 08:45:10 AM »
I went out yesterday to listen for birds to a public land hunt I have. Did not hear any gobbles, did find some sign to show the birds are moving thru the area. Really wet down here in Florida this year.
Rivers are swollen, low and bottom areas are under water.
We just had a couple more inches of rain yesterday/last night, gonna make hunting harder this year.

Backwater and I went to another WMA last weekend and experienced the same thing, lots of water.
We did see a few birds, but it is still gonna be a tough year.

Offline ky turkey hunter

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 11:39:52 PM »
i was out at the lease today to scout only to find out the land was to be logged this spring they were to start two weeks before season i guess its all public land for me this year

Offline bornagain64

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 10:10:41 AM »
Went out this morning to listen and check a camera. Did not hear any birds, but did find a few shooters on the camera.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:37:27 AM by bornagain64 »

Offline bornagain64

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 06:04:49 PM »
Went out this morning to scout a spot. I heard 2 different birds and possibly 3. I will be heading back out to get a little closer and build some blinds.
Anyone else scouting yet.
Backwater and I will be in the woods hunting next Sat. Just a public land that does not require a quota,
So more practice than anything. But it sure will be good to finally be in the woods.

Offline jarbo03

• The Boss Gobbler
  • FEAR THE BEARD!!
Scouting reports.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 06:35:54 AM »
Weather has finally turned and we're coming out of the deep freeze, birds should be turning on soon.  I wait til bugs start coming out before scouting,  birds are still in the grain fields now.

Offline Gumby

• The Boss Gobbler
Scouting reports.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 01:25:01 PM »
No scouting yet for me. We don't open until April 18....birds are starting up already here in Arkansas. Plan on getting out in next few weeks. Have had ice, snow, and rain the past three weeks but spring is FINALLY here to stay.

Offline tonybforua

• He was a mighty hunter before the LORD...
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 07:41:49 PM »
Seasoned opened Saturday here. Got one into 150 yards. Strutted and gobbled for me around 30 mins then walked back the way he came. Struck him at 8. Had 2 gobbling on roost this morning went silent when they hit ground. Suns finally been out today with warmer Temps. Maybe they'll be fired up in the morning.
WWW.Struttershop.com

Offline kyhareraiser

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 07:27:07 PM »
went to the farm I'm taking the lil' gobbler hunters and saw 2 flocks .
 if I knew how to post pics and videos I'll share with y'all

Offline jarbo03

• The Boss Gobbler
  • FEAR THE BEARD!!
Scouting reports.
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 09:01:07 PM »
Scouted my first target this morning,  2 weeks and he's mine.  Birds getting fired up with this warm weather.

Offline bornagain64

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 05:02:54 PM »
Jarbo your dog gonna let you go hunting by yourself this year?

Offline kyhareraiser

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 06:29:21 PM »
just got back from our youth hunt , no bird but the gobblers are fighting it up , they broke up the group yesterday with the boss gobbler being run off by 7/8 jakes, the boss strutted the same bottom two days prior to opener.

Offline woodwzrd

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 03:11:13 PM »
Took a drive Sunday to figure out some property lines on some public ground I plan to hunt and saw a nice big tom and four hens walking across the road going into the public land. The tom's beard wasn't dragging on the ground but I could see it from about 1/8 mile down the road pretty clear. He was strutting pretty big for his ladies at about 7:00 pm yet. I am going to try to get out early Saturday and listen a little.

Offline jarbo03

• The Boss Gobbler
  • FEAR THE BEARD!!
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 03:47:31 PM »
Jarbo your dog gonna let you go hunting by yourself this year?

Might be a struggle,  but I'll find a way!   We now have my lady and her 2 dogs to keep him occupied.  Wish I could take him in the spring,  he's yet to retrieve a turkey.