OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Cheapest place to buy a Gibson call  (Read 2213 times)

Offline clfergus

Cheapest place to buy a Gibson call
« on: February 25, 2015, 08:55:46 PM »
Hey Guys - I have been showing my new Gibson call around at work and have a few guys who are interested in this site and buying one of these calls. It is funny but before this board we all just assumed the plastic ones at Gander Mountain were all there was to crow calls.

In any case, I bought mine at Midwest Turkey Supply for 26.95 + 7.95 Shipping.

They are not super keen on that shipping rate so I was wondering if you knew of any place else that sells them that might be cheaper on the shipping. I think Crowmart was higher on the call at 31.00 but cheaper on the shipping and another place call gobbler something was 10.00 bucks shipping.

Thanks

Offline drum817

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • North Carolina
Re: Cheapest place to buy a Gibson call
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 10:38:20 PM »
Crow mart is your best bet online.  You could call Daryl direct too.  I will pm you his number.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Offline clfergus

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 03:32:03 PM »
I ended up calling Darrell direct and chatting with him for about 30 minutes. Very nice guy, listening to him talk made me recall the 7 years I lived in the Atlanta area. Hoping to get back down that way when I retire one day.

Ordered a second call as a gift for my brother and found some info out for the guys at work. One thing to note, as we talked he told me that he has a new bore size on his calls he is now using that produces an even better sound then the older models. I am not good enough of a caller to probably notice but just a heads up. Says the calls produced in the last 2 months or so have the new size.

Glad I called, got a little tutorial on calling and got to listen to some great crow hunting stories.

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 08:48:31 PM »
You're getting a great call! Congrats!!

Online Lonehowl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:53:17 PM »
Good to hear : )