turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hi Viz Tri Viz sight.

Started by deerbasshunter3, February 25, 2015, 04:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

I ended up putting this on my shotgun at the range today. Great sight! Clear picture of the target. Easy to align. It was even already dead on upon putting it on my gun, I didn't even have to adjust anything. I am sure that is a fluke, but whatever works. I am not crazy about changing lightpipes as being the elevation adjustment, but there are several different sizes, so one should, at the very least, be close to dead on if not dead on. I will be interested to see how the rear sight holds up. It seems to be rather large compared to most other sights, but it seems durable enough. The screws that hold the rear sight in place seem like they will hold up. The front sight is screwed in and has tape on it. I noticed that the tape still gives a little when I got home, but not enough to make a difference. It held up through several shots after only being placed on the gun for maybe ten minutes. All in all, I would say it is a pretty good sight.

http://www.hivizsights.com/products/shotgun-sights/turkey-deer-sight-sets/triviz.html

longbeardbuster

I would be afraid that the rear sight would get knocked around a lot in the woods. Keep us posted on how these hold up this turkey season.

deerbasshunter3

I know this thread is old, but I thought I would/should give an update.

So far, after two seasons, the sight is holding up well. After taking the sight off to clean my shotgun after last season, as well as taking it off to wrap my shotgun this year, it was still dead on when I went to the range a couple weeks ago. I have not had any issues with it snagging on anything and it has not gotten knocked out of sight by setting my gun down.

Overall, I have zero complaints about this sight. I toyed with the idea of putting regular rifle sights on my gun, but this sight gives an extremely clear picture when holding on a bird.

I would highly recommend this sight.