turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

if you had to pick just one

Started by gobbler336, February 23, 2015, 04:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler336

If you were gonna be turned lose in gobbler infested woods with only one call and it was a scratch box which one would you choose from your collection? 

callmakerman

I have four in my vest right now that I made and will be with me this spring. Any one of them would do the trick.

SS Calls

Quote from: callmakerman on February 23, 2015, 07:54:37 AM
I have four in my vest right now that I made and will be with me this spring. Any one of them would do the trick.

Same here Bill. ALWAYS have a couple in my vest.  :icon_thumright:

mgm1955

Be hard to pick one. Basehore, SS, Lyman, MS scratch box to name a few. Lots of good ones. Deadly calls!

hunter22

For me--- Basehore, SS, Tate Williams, Bill Lyman, and Billy Buice. I will hunt all of these this spring.

Wildfowler

gobbler336

ya'll have a hard time making a desicion huh, mine would be my ss sapele holly, i like the striker that came with it, but i have a larger cedar striker that makes that thing some kinda good, will be the first call out of my vest.  though i got one coming from bob fulcher and tom crook that i'm looking forward to as well as another from ss. proir to my ss sapele holly discovery, my cedar from L and L sure got the gobblers attention...  my exwife actually called a bird to the truck with that call the week i got it years back, long story.

letinmfly

All good choices thus far.  I'd like to add Greg Cooley, Tom Bruning and Mike Kensinger to the list.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

WildTigerTrout

No doubt my choice would be my handmade custom scratch box. It is mahogany with a mahogany striker. The call was a gift to me from a friend. He made it for me when I started hunting spring gobblers. The sound is PURE turkey!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

silverspur

I just got a Scott Basehore scratch box in Nashville that I can't put down. I like the Super Yelper by Richard Shivley and I have a Kickin and Scratchin one by Toby Ledbetter that is awesome too!  All made from cedar.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

turkey stew

I have fine scratchers from several call makers but my last 5 birds were done in by a SSCustom scratcher with a cedar sound board!

ridgerunner

My Super Yelper by Richard Shively sounds pretty dang good..I'm really starting to like the new Jerry White " Dad" scratch box i got a couple weeks ago though..one of these two.