OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Twin Engines of Destruction

Started by Old Gobbler, February 22, 2015, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

A fine gentleman from Kentucky was on the list for one of my calls , and while he was at it he decided to get a second ....he wanted it tuned to be sweeter than the prettiest hen in the swamp bottom -

sound file
Fighting Rattle: http://youtu.be/yki1i29UGbk

Left is Mun Ebony , right is Gabon(black)  Ebony , all calls have a hand shaved 2 ply soundboard (not 3 ply Baltic birch that mass manufacturers use)the calls above have proprietary internal guts like my exclusive pyramid striker and titanium striking surface - nice crisp yelps soft to loud

We got to talking about the strong points of push pins and where they Excell , well that's everything , but what they can really,  really do well is a FIGHTING PURR - in the right hands , pure destruction .... since Knight &Hale inovated and mass marketed the concept some 25 years ago , I have consistently killed a minimum of 1 gobbler each season with a fighting rattle , that's just the fighting rattle , every year without fail ...I get at least one gobbler to fall for it , 25 years and counting , I started by souping up and hot rodding others calls , then replacing components with some of mine then in order to take it to a higher level I made the entire call, and the result is what you see pictured up above ,- if you don't stop here, you passed it on by -

they take a day to make a call , so I charge accordingly at $175 each -

If I know there is 2 or more gobblers together , I bust out the fighting rattle even when they are the limb , it really gets them fired up and pissed - and usually they are very nice ones too - I'll post a video soon and I was rushed so I did just loud hen yelping , no soft yelping and some cluck then I cranked out a fighting a fighting rattle , I usually do this for at least 10 minutes and I point the boxes in different angles to make it sound like two gobblers running around , and when they are fighting there is lots of that going on

Nothing works all the time , but when it works..

Thanks for looking - good luck this season --Shannon J Kelly
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

savduck

Georgia Boy

hunter22

Some really fine work Shannon. Somebody is Kentucky is mighty lucky. Awesome pair of calls right there.

Hillbilly yelper

Tim
New email: lmurdock@k12.wv.us

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

SS Calls

pappy

Sweet lil' spring operated turkey killers there young man......
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

870FaceLift

Wow!!  Every year I tell myself I need to be on that list.  Great calls, as always  :drool:
Pass it on...

Green Trumpeter

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

mgm1955

Spectacular looking calls Shannon!!!

markjm15

Those are so cool... They sound so sweet too!
Mueller Custom Calls

-Mark Mueller

allchokedup

DANG! I got to get me one of those!! Awesome sounding calls and with the looks to kill!!