OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Nitros...explain this !!

Started by turkey buster, February 21, 2015, 02:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Ok guys I shoot the Win LB 3in #5's through my Remington 1187 SP 25 inch barrel with a .660 jellyhead maximum choke. I get good numbers.

Today I decide this same set up I'd shoot some cheap Remington shells (Nitro 3in #4) to see if they would be a fair follow up / back up shell. First shot at a lazered 35 yards I got 132 in the 10. Very impressed! Backed up to a lasered 41 yards and got 42 in the 10! A shell dropping 90 hits in 6 yards!! Not running them in my gun. Is that normal for one to drop that much

turkey buster

turkey buster

n2deer

Did it do this more than once? They can vary alot on occasion.

turkey buster

I only had 2 targets to shoot at today. Need more

turkey buster

Got the chance to shoot again. Got 54 in the 10 at 40. At 20 it's deadly. This load just falls apart bad after 30-35 yards

turkey buster

turkey buster

surehuntsalot

I have never been able to get any of the Remington turkey shells to pattern in any of my shotguns except the old Remington hevi shot in the green and yellow box
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

turkey buster

And that's why I stick to longbeards but still shocked at the big drop off

snapper1982

.660 probably to tight for those 4s but with that said I nor anyone I know has had any good results from those shells.

msgobblergetter

Shot string is too tight with .660 and 4's... It's just taking shots farther than 35yards to show that the pattern is blown.

gatrkyhntr70

In my experience for every 10 yards on average you will drop some where around 100 pellets give or take. With lead and hevi shot.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

jakesdad

Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 21, 2015, 06:52:04 PM
I have never been able to get any of the Remington turkey shells to pattern in any of my shotguns except the old Remington hevi shot in the green and yellow box

These are what I use in my 870 20 gauge,any other remington shells in the 20 fall out of useful range around 30 yards.I do carry some of the 20gauge Remington Premier 3" 1 1/4 oz #6 in my vest to use if I happen to set up in timber where shots will be 20 yards or less.pattern is a little more open and no use in wasting a hevi when plain lead 6's will work at very close range.Could never get the 12 Remington Nitros to shoot worth a hoot either in my 870 12.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Longshanks

I'm impressed with how well you are doing with Remington Nitro Shells. I have shot a great pattern with them at 20-25 yds and then at 35yd the turkey would be flying off. Killed all of of turkey's with the Remington Duplex 4x6 but was trying to get the turkey inside 30yds in those days.