OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Trail Camera and Scouting  (Read 2908 times)

Offline theghost_03

Trail Camera and Scouting
« on: February 19, 2015, 12:29:15 PM »
I am getting antsy guys and am gonna head out in a week or so and start putting up trail cameras, dealing with some real cold here in MN so I gotta wait a while.  Wanted to share a couple pictures I got last year and evening late last fall.  Never too early to get out and start putting your leg work in!  Got several properties already lined up and now just waiting on the new NO CAM to arrive!

"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

Offline mfd1027

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Pennyrile Outfitters
Re: Trail Camera and Scouting
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 03:48:42 PM »
Nice pic's!!   Man, I can't imagine how cold it is at your place.   I'm down at our place in So. Fla. until the end of March and we had a cold front come through last night.   You'd think the world had come to an end.
It actually got down to 40. lol    :fire:

I've always got cameras running at my place in Ky. but we haven't checked cams in a few wks.  I'm curious to see what the birds think of the ft. of snow we got up there in the past few nights.   It should make for some real nice pictures.   

Dan
Dan

Offline ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 04:05:50 PM »
I have three cameras out now and i am fixing to put a fourth out. Right now I have them out mainly for deer I am using them so I can see when the bucks drop there antlers, then I will start shed hunting. (Don't want to cover the same ground twice).  I will check them this week and I plan on puting the fourth one out speciffically for turkeys. Once the Bucks loose there head gear all four will be located with turkeys in mind. Dan the new camera I am puting out is a browning. I purchased it after seeing your pics and reading others reviews on it.

Offline keyser12ga

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 06:36:51 PM »
Nice pics!  I have two cameras out now but not on turkey land.  More coyote pics than anything else. We just moved and I did spot a flock about a mile away a couple of days ago.

Offline nctrkyhntr

• Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 08:30:05 PM »
nice pics

Offline mfd1027

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Pennyrile Outfitters
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 10:10:28 PM »
I love those Browning's Shane.   I'm kind of in the same mode as you.  Waiting for antler drop.   I'm not too lucky finding sheds but I have a lot of fun and learn a lot looking for them.     I've picked up a couple of more farms so now I've got over 2100 acres to walk. 

Speaking of "yotes",  Josh.   That's another one of my missions this spring.   I bought a DPMS Bull 20 and plan to kill a few of them fawn and poult eating bastards.   I've been building more calls for predator hunting than I have turkey hunting lately.   

Dan
Dan

Offline nativeks

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 11:10:54 PM »

Offline nativeks

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 08:37:39 AM »

Offline nativeks

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 02:13:58 PM »
Can't wait till I can get out there and hunt. With these gals around, there has to be a gobbler there somewhere