OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: No scouting for me  (Read 2236 times)

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
No scouting for me
« on: February 18, 2015, 10:16:03 PM »
Looking like my first scouting trip is probably going to involve a shotgun. Even though my wife and I weren't looking for a new house, one came up for sale that my wife has liked since she was a kid. An offer was was made and we close on it during turkey season. My weekends for the next few weeks will involve prepping my current home for sale and packing. With some luck I'll be able to go listen for one morning preseason. If not, no big deal a turkey is still a turkey and I will grind on them till one of us screws up. Might get a hunting buddy to go put out cameras and listen on the Perry county ground.

Offline WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
No scouting for me
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 10:29:46 PM »
Just don't pack those calls away and loose em!!!

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
Re: No scouting for me
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 09:30:15 AM »
I know the feeling, I closed on the current house we own during the fall and my hunting was very limited except for weekends.  Spent alot of time painting rather than hunting, I hate painting to this day because of that.

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
Re: No scouting for me
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 02:28:28 PM »
I know the feeling, I closed on the current house we own during the fall and my hunting was very limited except for weekends.  Spent alot of time painting rather than hunting, I hate painting to this day because of that.

The fall would have been better for me all the way around. I've never found a paint brush that fit me. Lol.