turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20" 835 ssx 3.5" Longbeard #4

Started by ericjames, February 15, 2015, 08:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericjames

I bought some longbeard 3.5" #4's yesterday. Well I couldn't wait to try them so I shot them today. It was 51*so the pattern should improve a little as it warms up. 20" 835 with a ssx tube. 40 range finder yards. The  sharpie circle is 9" after I got home I put another circle it is 10" and I drew it with a pen. I had 130 in the 9". The 10" had 12 more pellets in it.

drum817

That'll work!!!  Those 4's will smash em'!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

ericjames

That's what I think I'm gonna use this year. I bought 1 box of 4's and 2 boxes of 5's. Yesterday. I thing I'm gonna buy 5 more boxes of 4's and 5 more boxes of 5's. I shouldn't need shells for several years

drum817

Sounds like a plan!!!  I've got Six boxes each of 6 & 5 longbeards.  The 6's are easy to get a great pattern... I'm working on getting the 5's shooting better numbers this year.

surehuntsalot

gonna try some 4's through my 30" full choked  1100 magnum
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ericjames

Quote from: drum817 on February 15, 2015, 09:18:28 PM
Sounds like a plan!!!  I've got Six boxes each of 6 & 5 longbeards.  The 6's are easy to get a great pattern... I'm working on getting the 5's shooting better numbers this year.

What kinda numbers are you getting out of the 5's?  I'm gonna shoot mine tomorrow with 5's. The high is suppose to be around 68 so it will be better pattern probably. This pattern with 4's also was a barrel with about 10 shots. So it wasn't a clean bore. I probably squeeze a few more pellets. But I'm happy with it the way it is.

ericjames

Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 15, 2015, 09:41:23 PM
gonna try some 4's through my 30" full choked  1100 magnum

I haven't shot 4's in years. But the way these shoot I gotta go back. It might be overkill but I'll take it. They should shoot very good out of that 30" full choke. I can't wait to see your pattern pics.

BandedSpur

Crazy good pattern with 4s. Who'd have thunk it.

ericjames

I saw a friend of mine shoot this pattern his user name on here is footondaface. He has a 935 28" barrel I think, with the ssx choke. Exact same conditions as me shooting with the 4's. He said he's going to order a
case of them. Remember this is right at a 9" circle. You can add around 3/8" around this circle to make it a 10" the way I did. I had 12 more pellets in the other 3/8" witch put mine at 142 in the 10". But he counted his at 160.

ericjames

the Ward

Great numbers for #4's! They will rock mr. toms world!   

drum817

Quote from: ericjames on February 15, 2015, 09:53:37 PM

Quote from: drum817 on February 15, 2015, 09:18:28 PM

What kinda numbers are you getting out of the 5's?  I'm gonna shoot mine tomorrow with 5's. The high is suppose to be around 68 so it will be better pattern probably. This pattern with 4's also was a barrel with about 10 shots. So it wasn't a clean bore. I probably squeeze a few more pellets. But I'm happy with it the way it is.
.   Mind you I'm shooting 3" shells.  I'm getting 150's from a SumToy .650 & a Weatherby pa459 with a 18.5" barrel.

turkey buster

Eric that's just sick! Poor turkeys. Lol

ericjames

Quote from: turkey buster on February 17, 2015, 08:47:41 PM
Eric that's just sick! Poor turkeys. Lol

It might kill one! Now I just gotta buy some more 3.5" 4's. lol my wife will be happy.

turkey buster

Mine told me to put the brakes on buying anything else lol