OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Prayer request for a friend

Started by Beretta686, March 21, 2011, 03:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beretta686

My friend was diagnosed with tonsil/ throat cancer last November. Jim is one of the strongest Christian men I know. He was positive when we talked about it before his surgery. He said I am blessed, it has not spread, surgery, radiation, chemo, I'll be ready for turkey season.

Jim doesn't smoke, chew, dip, or drink. Just one of those things.

He went to UAB medical center for the surgery December 15 the surgery went great, but 3 days later he suffered a massive stroke.
Another friend and I visited him Christmas eve morning in surgical ICU. It was hard to hold back the tears.

Here is where the Lord works in mysterious ways. December 30 Jim came to my mind, I just kept thinking about him. I called a couple of friends and headed 90 miles to Birmingham.

They had moved him to Spain rehab hospital that day. He was on a traqu, feeding tube, IV and all kinds of other stuff hoooked up.  He could just look at us, but kept pressing the nurse call button with his left hand. The side that is not paralized. The nurse would call and ask if he needed help and no one would show up. After 5 min of this I walked to the nurses station and got a little red neck when she said his nurse was on break. I said I didn't care, the man can not speak and needs help. No one labled his room as patient can't talk, they thought he was sitting on the button. She got another nurse and when she came into the room she vacumed a half gallon of junk out of his lungs. What would have happened if we were not there?

So now every Wednesday we drive to Birmingham and visit a friend. He is still on the feeding tube and traque, but looks better

We have our good days and bad. Because of the stroke he can not read or write, but he does understand us. Each Wednesday we read a couple of Chapters from Steve Chapman books and some scripture. I keep telling him we are not in control, the Lord has a plan, we don't know what that plan is, but there is one. We don't know why and it is easier for me to say because I'm not laying in that bed. He just nods his head.

We have shed some tears and had some laughs while he is in there. The smile on his face when we walk through his room door every Wednesday is worth the time and xhanging of schedules to get there.

My friend and I have told Jim we have named Wednesday
Whataburger Wednesday since we stop there on the way home every week. We told him when he gets out, we are loading him in the truck and taking him there. Now the manager asks how are friend is each time he sees us.

Please keep Jim in your prayers. Its going to be a long road back to the turkey woods for him
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

sugarray

mmims

My God that touches my heart! I will pray for Jim and y'all. Keep loving Whataburger!

Mike

Roostem33

My prayers are with Jim and his family and I think from what I read that includes you. God bless!!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Father God,

I thank you for Jim, and his influence for you, as he has demonstrated through his life. I thank you for Beretta686, and his concern for Jim, and ask for intervention in his friend Jim, and his recovery. We call upon you as the Great Physician, asking for your healing hands to be laid upon Jim, and the Holy Spirit to be with ALL the staff who oversee Jim and his care. Help his recovery to be swift, and his trip to Whataburger be soon. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!!

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

Thank you so much for sharing this.  You are a blessing to all of us, not just Jim and his family.  We are praying expectantly for the continuation of Lord's healing hand upon him, and for all who travel to visit Jim.